1/4-turn or Motion-Pro Revolver throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4-turn or Motion-Pro Revolver throttle

I'm running a set of 29mm Keihin CRs on my GS1000 race bike. The carbs have a push-pull throttle setup.

I'm interested in going to a 1/4-turn throttle, or in using one of the Motion-Pro "Revolver" setups.

I'm wondering if anyone has fit one of these throttles to their CRs?

Motion-Pro said that they could custom-build one for me. I might do that, but at nearly $200 shipped I've got to first ask if there's an off-the-shelf kit for another bike that'd work just as well.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Patrick

The R1 throttle tube works... Also Posplayr worked out how to put a spacer made from a strip of Schedule 40 in to a stock one to have similar effect...
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      The R1 throttle tube works... Also Posplayr worked out how to put a spacer made from a strip of Schedule 40 in to a stock one to have similar effect...
      This added 5 hp to my Kymoko 150.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

+1 on the pvc pipe mod.
        NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
        Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Any mod that does for 39 cents what a $200 Motion Pro product can do is a good mod.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Any mod that does for 39 cents what a $200 Motion Pro product can do is a good mod.
            Why do I get the idea, someone to the notion of ideal simplicity and turned it into a convoluted notion of need for $150?. I guess that is marketing for you. Guy must be a genius (the other guy).

Comment

Bingo!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                This added 5 hp to my Kymoko 150.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Only 5? ....she is popping wheelies and not even moving!

Comment

Originally posted by patrino View Post
                  Bingo!

Thanks everyone!
                  The GSR......15 minutes an save you 800% or more on ....,ah...nevermind.
                  Lol
                  (GEICO joke)

Comment

Working...
                  X