Honda Hawk front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Hawk front end

Hi I found a complete homebuilt SOS (sound of singles) racer.
    The bike has a CBR600 F2 front rim and a 4.5" suzy rim with matching swing arm.
    There are new Azaro2's on the rims and a set of new battleax (radials) as well.
    Otherwise the bike a Suzuki Dr 500 engine with supertrapp exhaust.
    It comes with a handbuilt alu frame soloseat fzr tank and Sv 650 fairing.

How easy would the Honda front end adapt to my 83 gs 750?
    Since he only wants Can $600.00 for the whole shibang I believe it's worth trying.
    Any thoughts ? I will be selling all the leftover parts
    Mikey Vancouver BC Canada

U am told the CBR front end will also go straight in, so go for it.
    Dink

Comment

You will probably lose the fork lock, need to modify the new triple to accept the GS ignition key unit and modify the fork stops to keep the new setup from hitting anything. I just did all the above on the 93 Kat 750 front I put on my 83 GS 750ED. Don't get frustrated as new unforseen problems emerge. It was also a challenge to get the key unit to clear the ES fairing bracket that I am using. The forks will be shorter so the bike will set slightly lower even with the 17in front. What model do you have, the E or ES? Check out my pics below and Good Luck, Ed.
      1983 GS750ED
      Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

2001 TL1000S (for sale)

Comment

I used to have a Hawk GT 650 and the first thing I replaced on it was the forks in favor of CBR 600F2 forks with progressive fork springs. The F2 forks allow you to adjust the preload whereas the Hawk forks are non-adjustable. I would find some forks that will slide in to your triple trees so that you wont have to machine new trees or stems. I cant remember but it seems that the Hawk forks where 41mm.

Comment

Working...
        X