1150 ES mirror replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 ES mirror replacement?

Had B-day party, friend drank tequila, fell asleep on 1150 in the garage, told him not to domino the two bikes-did anyway-my fault for letting him sit there, but he looked peacefully inebriated. I'm not concerned about stock appearance, but not looking for bar ends either. If anyone cares to share other bikes(even non Suzuki) that share the same hole pattern through the fairing, that'd be great. Thanks. If only one is available-it's the right side sitting on the bike-it fell into my Kat which fell into a shelf, with no damage I can see so far.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

I guess you are looking for fairing mount mirrors not something like these. I picked some up a while back as they were some of the very few with convex mirrors. Not sure if they are around anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      I guess you are looking for fairing mount mirrors not something like these. I picked some up a while back as they were some of the very few with convex mirrors. Not sure if they are around anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-E-MAR...7c19de&vxp=mtr
      Those would work on the E. The stubby bracket mounted to the ES fariing is still intact, it's the swivel underneath the glass that broke.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I think I have a right side mirror for the ES, but it is currently vinyl wrapped in carbon fiber.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

I'd be interested, if you're willing to sell said vinyl carbon.

Comment

Not sell, my friend. Give. Just pay postage. I like helping my 1150 brothers.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Thank you sir, PM sent. Much appreciated.

Comment

My pleasure.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I received the mirror today. Thank you. Check sent out tomorrow.

Comment

Cheers, my friend.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

When I peeled the carbon wrap off, the Arizona sun looked like it cooked this mirror with a lot of white oxidation on black plastic or ABS or whatever it is. I tried a Bosch heat gun I've had for years, and it really removes the oxidation, by almost turning the plastic molten. When the plastic began to get hot and darken with heat, I 'd move to the next area. Saw a video of this years ago, wondering if it actaully works. Wish I would have taken before and after pictures.

Comment

I've done that to a set of mirrors and it work great. I saw it here on some video someone posted.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                          I've done that to a set of mirrors and it work great. I saw it here on some video someone posted.

cg
                          There was a funny italian guy who used to have a Youtube video showing the technique. I just did it recently to a triple clamp cover Not perfect, but works better than Back to Black.

Comment

I'm simply glad you could put it to use!
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              I'm simply glad you could put it to use!
                              Yes now I'm dealing with the broken turn signal. I tried a quick fix with abs cement and old vhs tape screws. Lasted one ride to the hardware store. The rubber inbetween the mount and lense was cracked too much to support the lense. Now I cut off all the rubber and found some long 8-32 screws. It's mounted, but the signal switch on the handlebar is making the the right front blink when pressed to the left. I only disconnected one connector.

Comment

Working...
                              X