material for rivets in clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

material for rivets in clutch

Can any techie person tell me what is the rivets material made from when doing a rebuild on 1000/1100 clutches. Its for a CB100, yes i know im a tosser but its my CB100

Steel.
    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      Steel.
      Ray.
      That's not techie enough, here you go, some light reading!

Discover AJAX Fast Valuations, Australia's premier property valuation company. Using advanced tech and up-to-date market data, we deliver precise valuations and real estate insights fast.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
        Can any techie person tell me what is the rivets material made from when doing a rebuild on 1000/1100 clutches. Its for a CB100, yes i know im a tosser but its my CB100
        Are you playing around with a bucket racer ?

I'd have a look at a suitable size and length button head capscrew. Material would be good for the application - and it would rivet OK.

Comment

I like using solid rivets made from stainless steel 316 I made my own river heading tools (From A-@ Tool Steel) and or the 50 ton press, I dont weld them just press ,seems OK ,Never had one come loose yet?? !!

Comment

PLEASE DONT USE POP RIVETS!!!!!!! Even solid steel and buck or use press with suitable tool is way to go.

Comment

Thanks guys. Ok as there are 6 rivets but only about 5mm thick ill use normal steel unless someone chimes in with another 316 reply. Installs from outside in with end flattened into a chamfered recess. Greg yes its a old bucket racer. 15 RWHP and bucket of fun. Pun intended. Single shock rear (only on LHS) and Z1000 Koni with under arm bracing and more bracing on top RHS of arm, floating rear brake Hyd front brake, oil cooler, XR200 head and cam, KZ650 piston and 7 angle valve job running LC250 carb and open megaphone. Tallest gearing possible but still pulls up in 3rd gear for wheelies with a tug on the bars. Helps if ure "older" and sit above the shock mounting point.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                Thanks guys. Ok as there are 6 rivets but only about 5mm thick ill use normal steel unless someone chimes in with another 316 reply. Installs from outside in with end flattened into a chamfered recess. Greg yes its a old bucket racer. 15 RWHP and bucket of fun. Pun intended. Single shock rear (only on LHS) and Z1000 Koni with under arm bracing and more bracing on top RHS of arm, floating rear brake Hyd front brake, oil cooler, XR200 head and cam, KZ650 piston and 7 angle valve job running LC250 carb and open megaphone. Tallest gearing possible but still pulls up in 3rd gear for wheelies with a tug on the bars. Helps if ure "older" and sit above the shock mounting point.

Guy here running 150cc with much the same bits, dynos at 19rwhp....I built a "GN125" 66bore,destroked crank, 125head with 200 valves etc etc...makes about 20rwhp...
                I enjoy the engineering challenge. FXR150's have spoilt it here...

Comment

Working...
                X