Big win last night (for me anyway)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big win last night (for me anyway)

Since i've accepted the fact that the gs just isn't as fast as I thought it would be and there is nothing wrong with it I've been in 3 finals out of 4 races. I have two wins a runner up and one third round loss when I forgot to hook my air shifter back up. Nothing like hitting the shifter and nothing happens only to look down and see the air line dangling. It took 5 rounds to win the bike class last night ($100). Then they run what they call a lightning round. The winners of top, mod and bike all race each other. Not a fan of racing cars, but I beat the top car first and then beat the mod car for $400 and a jacket. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that my luck continues. I know you guys like to hear about jakes racing so I figured I would throw this one out there. Oh and jake that was 11 1/4 mile passes. I dont think I've ever done that many in one night before.

Congratulations!! Seems you settled in and are having a good time... Excellent.
    EULC ON

Comment

good going and i enjoy you website

Comment

500 bucks and a jacket to boot. I'd be proud too!!!

Great job Ryan

Only 11 passes, that GS is not even warmed up yet

So how about a few time slips?
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Well done.
          I bet you were celebrating last night.
          Having a quiet drink 8O 8O

Comment

It was running right around 10.21 126. After the sun went down I clicked off a 10.15 @127. Then the clutch started getting too hot. Last run of the night was a 10.24 @127 on a 10.22 dial. It's kind of like a rollercoaster. When the sun goes down the bike speeds up. Then the clutch gets too hot and the bike slows back down. The lightning round they give you 10 minutes after you get back to the pits from the finals to be ready to make the pass. Then only 10 minutes again for the finals of the lightning round. You end up making the last three passes of the night within a 30 minute time frame. I just try to guess how much it will fall off. I'm slowly building a log to help my guessing.

I posted that time slip from a couple weeks ago. .001 from a perfect run. http://www.rccracing.com/sign.jpg

Comment

Congrats!!! Nothing like winning a race!!

Comment

Great news! I love hearing about us guys winning and making the finals. I am right behind you, 1-3rd, 3-2nd's and 1-1st so far. Next race is this Saturday.

Comment

theres a guy here. Lefty Butler who runs the local ciruit(dont know how far he goes) but he runs a modded GS1150 (heck minus the color plastics tire frame it looks just like mine :twisted: ) he runs mid t olow 6's in the 1/8 never watched hime in the 1/4....Out of the last 8 bike shoot outs they have had hes wone probalby 6 and was runner up in the other, always in the finals and dead on consistant.. .He travels with quite an entrage (sp) and havent had the chance to talk to him but he's not the fastest out there(on gs is in the 4.9-5.0 range 8O ) but he is dead on......
                  BTW its at SUMMERDUCK RACEWAY Sumerduck VA test and tune two/thurs( 15$ all night racing, 5$ watch in the pits/burnout box) big money weekends superbike(all bike) shootouts every third sunday(I think) check out the site
                  Summerduckdragway.com

Comment

Consistancy will get you farther than being the fastest

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                      True until you try and run an index class and can't run the number. Or try and run with the "real" racers in the non E/T non index classes.

That, and a lot of people can't play the mouse. It's hard to drive ahead while looking to the side to know when to chop. The cat always has a better chance to judge the chop. So you really want an E/T bike running in the 7's. :twisted: :twisted:

Hey Rosco, did you make it to Michigan for the big race? It was a good turn out this year.

No box rules suck!! (just needed to add that)

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                        Yes sir, that is so true: My GS750 is slow (7.85 in the 1/8th), but consistant. So far this year: 1 3rd, 3 2nds and 2 1sts! I think I am going to make it to the divisional finals!

Comment

Working...
                        X