1982 gs 750 carb options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs 750 carb options

here's the deal. I have a 1982 gs 750 that I am converting to a drag bike. yeah I know WHY? my choice right now I can get my thrills at a slower speed. I know that I have seen on here but can't find it agian on options for carbs I have searched and not found the information that I am looking for. I want to switch from vaccum to machanical. what bikes had mechanical carbs that will will bolt on the gs750? I know jetting will be in my future. seems like gsx or gsxr 750's sound right, but want to be sure before I start hunting.

I appreciate any and all responses

RS34

Comment

do you know what those came factory on? same story as everybody else moneys tight.and almost $800 ain't in the forcast.

Comment

Originally posted by rare_redneck View Post
        do you know what those came factory on? same story as everybody else moneys tight.and almost $800 ain't in the forcast.
        They did not. You best bet might be to get some BST34SS off of a GSXR 1100 86-88. They are usually dumped in favor of teh BST36SS which I don't think you need. You could also check for teh early GSXR 750 carbs BST31SS. The GSXR motors are a lot hotter than the GS so that might even work.

They are also going to be a bit more durable than the BST36SS which have the plastic inserts that wear

Comment

Working...
        X