jJE 1260 Piston kit-gsgkd 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jJE 1260 Piston kit-gsgkd 1100

Goooday from Australia, I've had this gkd for many years and really enjoyed it ,opened up the airbox,took off the muffler
    gave better mpg -[the noise was not illegal unless you went over 4000rpm ] and has a nice crackle -picked up about 30%
    more power -intro

I bought a 1260 je piston kit ,not realising US called my gs as 4 valve ,in Australia a gsx is a 4 valve

can this flat top piston set 128324 be used in the 2 valve engine without piston clearancing
    can the stock sleeve handle the 1260 over bore ,already 1200

I've got /had many gsxr's and know nearly everything there is to learn on gixxer.com -oilers 6000 posts -old gsxr
    but this site would have more knowledge on the gs's

thanks, Ken

No and no. You need to get 2 valve pistons or will have no compression. The block will REQUIRE sleeving to go to a 78mm bore.
    Ray.

Comment

On the plus side, there's a market locally for the kit among the Post Classic race guys....

Comment

Thanks fellas, I just had a look and found the JE sleeve kit too , it's been packed away
        Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

well I did the maths, this is what I originally wondered - even though the 4v pistons have no dome
          because of increased capacity, with zero deck .76mm copper 78mm bore gasket works out to 9.89 :1
          even has the same pin size, I ran this combo through a engine analyzer program about 9 years ago
          with the cam I got and I remembered it showed about 140 engine hp -can't remember the torque
          so case strip for machining for sleeves, fit bigger sleeves to barrel, head is ported

Comment

Working...
          X