No announcement yet.

Potential Group Purchase - Wiseco GS650 741cc pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

135 responses and no deal yet? What are you guys waiting for? Hit the iron while it's HOT. Put up or shut up (easy for me to say).
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck78 View Post
      At this point, soon would be good, IT'S RIDING SEASON!!!

However I'm afraid that having not everyone speaking up here may be a sign that not all of us have the $400 to spare immediately, I can relate to a tight budget....
      With that thought, I will speak up, I am ready to buy.

Comment

I'm in no hurry, but can go now if that is the concensus. This is going onto a spare 1980 gs550e build I have going, not my daily, so no rush on my end. Really, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't miss out on a chance for the big bore pistons since I've lurked many of y'alls threads discussing this performance upgrade for the 550 and figured it would be a great use for the spare bike that is just sitting for parts right now....

Comment

At this point, soon would be good, IT'S RIDING SEASON!!!
          Exactly why I'm not in a hurry, I won't be taking the top end off until fall because it's riding season.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            135 responses and no deal yet? What are you guys waiting for? Hit the iron while it's HOT. Put up or shut up (easy for me to say).
            You're the one who was saying a 650 top end on a 550 wasn't worth doing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              You're the one who was saying a 650 top end on a 550 wasn't worth doing anyway.
              Raised runner closed chamber swirl port type head and an extra 125cc or 192cc + 10.25:1 & installed in a bike substantially lighter than a GS750/1000 (especially with additional handling upgrades) is going to really make one of the most awesome, ultimate vintage Japanese standards, hands down...

Add racetech gold valves & fork springs, $200-500 shocks, Road Riders or Sport Demons or BT45V Battlax tires, and Salty's twinpot brake mod or single 310mm disc version, 4:1 + k&n & a tuned set of carbs... this will really be the ultimate all-rounder fast nimble agile middleweight vintage Japanese machine...
              '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
              '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
              '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
              '79 GS425stock
              PROJECTS:
              '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
              '77 GS550 740cc major mods
              '77 GS400 489cc racer build
              '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
              '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Yeah I know it's riding season, I currently have my torn down and the cases split and everything. I slacked off on the project the last couple of weeks, but I am ready to get back into it. I plan to have the frame powder coated in the next couple weeks and the engine ready to be painted next week. I will have to see if I get the grinding that is required to fit the 650 cylinders and 550 transmission.

I would like like to order the Pistons sooner rather than later just to make sure I get them here before I am ready to put them in the engine. I would be willing to be the one that orders the Pistons and once I get them ordered I can post a reciept to prove they are being made. After that people can send me the money. I just need to know an official count on who want a set. I am really glad there is a good group of us wanting to do this build. I meant to start a thread just kept forgetting.

Comment

Raised runner closed chamber swirl port type head and an extra 125cc or 192cc + 10.25:1 & installed in a bike substantially lighter than a GS750/1000 (especially with additional handling upgrades) is going to really make one of the most awesome, ultimate vintage Japanese standards, hands down...

Add racetech gold valves & fork springs, $200-500 shocks, Road Riders or Sport Demons or BT45V Battlax tires, and Salty's twinpot brake mod or single 310mm disc version, 4:1 + k&n & a tuned set of carbs... this will really be the ultimate all-rounder fast nimble agile middleweight vintage Japanese machine...
                  THIS. And if we can get a good step-by-step then all of us who are ordering these will have some serious covert sleeper screamers!

Comment

Originally posted by charnotx View Post
                    THIS. And if we can get a good step-by-step then all of us who are ordering these will have some serious covert sleeper screamers!

Covert? Not if using the original GS550 cams! the only thing covert about them would be the 550 badge on the side!

Any performance glasspack baffle/megaphone exhaust added to a 550 with 550 cams or bigger will sound like a throaty ripping snarling beast... 0-90mph on the wife's pods&pipes 102.5 mains vm22 needle raised 1 notch... well that acceleration always impressed me quite a bit. I barely weigh over 150 however, a 200lb rider or riding 2 up might slow it down a bit especially on uphills.
                    Heck when I first met my wife and started breathing real life into her basket case gs550, once I rebuilt the carbs and rejetted them, it ran so good she wouldn't let me test ride it, I had to take the pillion seat just to see how it ran as she was so eager to get on it with the carbs rebuilt properly. I still recall how well the thing would accelerate 2 up on the highway from 60-90mph from that test ride nearly 7 years ago...

I also get the pleasure of resurrecting a garage kept 77 gs550 with a Wiseco k610 kit that stalled out 20 yrs ago and the owner never got it restarted again. Very cool well preserved bike. Can't wait to get that thing ripping
                    '79 GS425stock
                    PROJECTS:
                    '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Hell, if you don't have any badging, and the side panels removed they won't even be able to guess what model it is based on the performance!

Comment

Mine says 550 on the side. Surprise!

Comment

I've never had the panels, so no badging for me. Only the suzuki on the tank.

Comment

Any news on these pistons?

Comment

I haven't got a straight answer yet. I am ready to buy now.

Comment

Ready to buy. Maybe we need to reach out to everyone individually and see what their financial readiness is?
                                '79 GS425stock
                                PROJECTS:
                                '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Working...
                                X