Gs550 l bars on an gs550e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs550 l bars on an gs550e

Hi i was just wondering ,i have an 86 gs550e does anyone know if it's at all possible to change the bars from clip on to pull back bars such as an gs550 l ?if i can find a steering stem head and bars from an l model would it fit,just looking for abit more comfy riding position.I know i should have bought an l model but i have what i have and have to deal with it' it's just a thought.

Thanks

Putting on L bars to be comfortable?? That's a new one.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Putting on L bars to be comfortable?? That's a new one.
      What would you suggest i'm open to all ideas?

Comment

What kind of riding position do you like?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          What kind of riding position do you like?
          more of an upright position,my arms are fully extended on this bi keand i feel like im leaning on the bars my hands hurt,just not comfortable riding this bike.

Comment

Originally posted by rlg5 View Post
            I know i should have bought an l model...
            Uh oh, trouble...fight! Fight! (I feel like Cartman).
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Is this what your bars looks like now or are they the café style clip ons that put you in a tucked position?

1985_GS550E-ES_sales1b_800.jpg

Comment

I know tkent was biting his tongue, but he is rather correct, Suzuki "L" bars are probably the WORST bars available on a bike.

Not sure what your bars are now, but they might be rather low, as mapball suggests. Since you said you had to find a steering head, I am guessing that you might have clip-on style bars. When you find your 'new' steering head, look for a set of older "E" or "G" bars. They are considerably higher than what you have now, but not nearly as high as the "L" bars. By the way, it's not the height of the "L" bars that makes them uncomfortable, it's the angle of the wrists. Kawasake LTD bars and Yamaha Classic bars were also high, but the wrist angle was much more friendly.

Comment

Working...
                X