Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a frame conversion to hang a Busa engine from a GS frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in a frame conversion to hang a Busa engine from a GS frame?

Would anyone be interested in this as I am considering building them as I do my Katana. Would be the ultimate upgrade!
    Let me know.
    Laters
    Greg
    gmansyz@gmail.com
    sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
    2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
    Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
    '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Not enough shoving a Busa engine in a Kat, you have slap a turbo on it too?
    Looking forward to the finished product.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sure, a little boost always helps things along.
      A naturally aspirated Busa engine will get one of your GS1000's down the road nicely.
      I was just inquiring here first to see if there was any interest in a conversion. Evidently, even the Busa engine is above every ones finances.
      I will post here and there as it is a prototype and will be slow.
      Laters
      G
      '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

What I am working on.

Let me know what you think.
        G

Comment

I will definitely follow this closely as I have a GS 1000 that has no engine in it!
          Will it look like this one

What about this look?
          Last edited by John Kat; 04-07-2016, 05:16 AM.
          sigpicJohn Kat
          My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
          GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Hiya John
            Sorry, neither of them. Mine will be much better. See new pics. As for the 1000 with the 1127, it is using the 850 tank and tail. Tail raised some too. And shorter wheelbase. I am adding a GS11 pivot section to the 850 Shafty frame which puts the engine too high in the frame. Will need to notch one cradle tube to lower the engine to get the correct relationship of the countershaft sprocket and the swingarm pivot. Besides, I am not fond of raising the tank to clear the carb tops. And when I inject it, will not need the extra clearance.
            I only started this thread to see if there was any market for grafting a Busa engine into an old GS. Since I am building one, I will need a jig to make sure everything is all in the right place and then it is easier to make more of these. I already have the special spigots to move the throttle bodies.
            Anyway, it is a slow process and I got a few other projects ahead of this.
            What engine are you wanting to put in your 1000, John?

Comment

This will be worth following just to see if it can be done though I cant help thinking there wont be much GS frame left. Would be easier to graft the Katana bodywork onto a Busa & go from there & it would probably be a better bike. No challenge in that though I guess.
              Nick

Comment

Yup, not much left, but there are a few more reasons for doing this not the least of which is I have had this Kat for 30 years as I got it for my 21st birthday. Plus, the engine in a Busa is too far back to handle so well. Plus, want to make an underseat tank. Just have not figured where to put the filler and besides, mild steel is easier to work with. Even KTM is sticking with it.
                Then, there is the alternative front end I want to implement at some point in my life so will be much easier to fit.
                Laters
                G

Comment

Not quite going as planned, but still in the works.
                  G

Comment

updates on this?

Comment

Holy necrothread!
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Pardon?
                        Just moved and things are on hold.

Comment

Working...
                        X