85 550E not running right, missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 550E not running right, missing...

I cant hear, but friends tell me my 550 aint running right. i put the laser temp gauge on it and it is like 1-335 degrees, 2-305, 3-205 ,4-295...something like like that. I know i will change the #3 plug. I cant hear but I can feel what seems to be possibly the cam chain tensioner, something loose...it just dont give the same vibrations as it did before . i have a video i will try to post it.......

Comment

Comment

any help appreciated..

Comment

My hearing is poor also.. And I don't do facebook! Anyways, could be tensioner, but also could be loose valve adjuster, so take cam cover off and take a look.

And when you say #3, you mean second from right as you sit on bike?
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

One cylinder is not firing at all, the other three sound out of synch.

When it revved up a second from the end it sounded like all four were firing.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

thanks TKen... yea... the #3 meaning second from my right as i sit on the bike...also....the end cap plugs...if you know the 4 valve motors have the end cap rubber plugs, the front two, left and right, are broke, or missing.

Comment

The end cap plugs on what? Spark plug caps?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

tken...... if you look at the video the end cap bolts are on the side of the block, you should see them clear when the video ends, right there, there are about the size of a penny in diameter, round, right below the valve cover. its an allen wrench bolt with a rubber plug that fits flush into it.

Comment

Working...
                  X