engine builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine builder

HI all, while I am at it with the red devil (almost got her licked) I found another GS1150 that I am interested in..This one however will be just a bit different.I am thinking of keeping it for my self and giving the other to my wife(after a few height alterations of course) Any who I am looking for a reliable engine builder to build a good strong STREETABLE 1260 out of the existing 1150 ...Anyone out there know of anyone, anywhere to buy a high quality kit(I could build it myself). I just dont want to make the mistake I just made with the shop I was dealing with recently....Thanks for the help.. Keith

Depends how much $$$ you want to spend and what your looking to do. Post some details on what your wanting done and how much you have to work with.

Comment

I know a EXCELLENT engine builder in NC. Machine work will be excellent also. He`s got 30 years experience.

Comment

Lotsa fast stuff coming from your neck of the woods Chris. There are so many builders, whats one to do! Find one close by, so you can keep tabs on him, unless you go with a well known guy with something to lose if you are not pleased.

Joe Franco is great with 1150's...Franco sometimes sells complete motors for less than it would cost to build one...He has a good reputation.

FBR Shop...Ford Bros Racing..also good...Talk to Marion or Marvin Ford

This domain may be for sale!
        EULC ON

Comment

Yeah Bill I can think of half dozen national known builders within 2 hours of me. probably at the moment Shawn Gann`s dad is the local hot ticket. I have a friend who has always did my machine work and I assemble. Actually his machine shop is better than even Stars or Gann`s. He just doesn`t get into complete engines. To much griping when they don`t run.

Comment

Gann is quite a character. I got to spend some time with him while he was racing Prostar...back in 99 I think.
            EULC ON

Comment

Looking basically to build a streetable 1260 out of my 1150( we believe it may be there already but not sure) Mild polishing/porting of the head,etc.I
              dont mind shipping or travelling for reliability.I am not rich but I dont expect free either lol

Comment

Working...
              X