Surely SOMEONE Must Know!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely SOMEONE Must Know!!

I know I already asked this but since I got nada,bupkess,absolutely NOTHING in the way of replies I'll ask again.
    What front brake callipers (apart from the originals) will fit a '79 550E?
    Although my originals work fine I would like to upgrade to something more modern!
    C'mon guys,I'm counting on your vast experience! [-o<

Pretty much anything will fit if you're willing to make the appropriate bracket, but if you want it to just bolt on you're stuck with the originals I think. Upgrade to steel braid lines and you'll notice a big improvement.

Comment

Already got braided hoses and I'm using a Yamaha LC350 master cylinder.They work well enough to lock the front wheel 8O if I'm not careful.It's not the performance so much as spares including pads are getting scarce here, and I can't afford the postal costs that the US Post Office wants to charge.On the occasions I've ordered from the States the post has been damn near as much as the goods! :P

Comment

It shouldn't be difficult to get pads for your original calipers. If you need some give me a shout and I'll get some for you.

How deep are your pockets?? You could try www.pretech.co.uk

Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by KW
          It shouldn't be difficult to get pads for your original calipers. If you need some give me a shout and I'll get some for you.

How deep are your pockets?? You could try www.pretech.co.uk

Ouch!
          If I could afford Pretechs 8O 8O I wouldn't be asking this question,I'd just buy a new bike!WOAH!! I can still get pads but it's the usual "don't know about that mate,no call for them,too old have to order them,take 2 weeks" crap! :roll: :P :P Apart from that,I'm just curious what'll fit!
          Thanks anyway though,it's not urgent.Mebbe give you a shout when it is!

Comment

No problem Dougie.

I'm starting to deal a little in parts for our "older" bikes, so can usually get this sort of thing in a couple of days - www.bigfour.co.uk (website isn't finished yet by a long way!)

Comment

Working...
            X