GS550T cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550T cutting out

My 550t I have stage 3jet kit Mac pipe dyna s running strong. But under load accelerating to much throttle and it's like I hi a rev limiter the bike, cuts out then grabs. At first I suspected clutch,no maybe worn springs in timing advance dogs, but could be weak relay for the coil relay mod bike has 13,000 miles

"My 550t I have stage 3jet kit Mac pipe dyna s running strong. "

What kind of pods?? Does this "rev limiter" occur at certain rpm or just under hard acceleration?

have you noticed the thread right above yours?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

My english parser just blew a fuse.
      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

K&n filters valves set. Vance &hines. 3/4 baffle.rpm above five grandmother

Comment

Not wasting brain cells trying to decipher that.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

above 5 grandmother you set the rpms at 27. at 7 grandmother, dielectric.
            1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

What happens at 11 grandmother?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

recursive inclusion of the apoplectic grange hall effect, obviously. sheesh, read the factory manual.
                1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

So above 5000 rpms, it starts cutting out... Does the tachometer show this effect? Rpms drop, then recover?
                  How's your petcock- you sure it's delivering enough fuel? Have you tried running it in "PR" spot?
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

OP, you are going to have to use straight English with capitalization and punctuation if you expect to get much help here. Proofreading your posts for grammar and typos before you post them would help, too.

Mark
                    1982 GS1100E
                    1998 ZX-6R
                    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Geez guys, cut him slack. He has upgraded to the dyna, got the stage 3,with decent pods, 4 into 1, so he's not trying to cut corners here -
                      1981 gs650L

Comment

so you call this a forum? I think I'm better off with out your help.

Comment

No Shawn it's more the fact no one understands a word you are saying since you aren't putting a solid sentence together.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn allen View Post
                            so you call this a forum? I think I'm better off with out your help.
                            We need to be able to read your posts without translating them- double check what you type especially if you're using a spellchecker gizmo.
                            1981 gs650L

Comment

my apologies, multiple, concussions, makes, little,task , difficult, yes, the,spell ck, was on.....

Comment

Working...
                              X