Thank you soooooo much! And any further advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you soooooo much! And any further advice

I recently aquired an 82 gs650g. .. pretty much stock but not my style... and then I noticed the seat was ripped.... my excuse! So I tore into it to make it more suitable to me long story short I found your site and it has helped greatly in rewiring! Thank you thank you thank you! ... also It had pod filters on it I'm putting uni filters on and a 4-1 exhaust with a superTrapp muffler... I did the coil relay, and I am wondering if there is anyone with a similar setup to give me an educated guess at what jets to start with... thanks in advance thanks to this site I am wrapping this project up in record time... clearn and concise. .. I like it...

The ideal setup for pods and a pipe would be a DynoJet kit.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

"I am wrapping this project up in record time.."

heed Steve's advice, unless you don't care about midrange performance and/or enjoy jetting fun! The stock setup offered good power from idle to redline.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Stock is not an option at this point... thanks steve dynojet kit ordered. .. any other suggestions for speed? I am open to any amount of labor but am hesitant to spend too much on this... I only have about 300 in it now...

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        "I am wrapping this project up in record time.."

heed Steve's advice, unless you don't care about midrange performance and/or enjoy jetting fun! The stock setup offered good power from idle to redline.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ummm, not quite sure how to tell you this, but in your first post, you said something about the bike being "pretty much stock".

Looking at your picture, that bike is NOWHERE NEAR stock.

And I would seriously consider replacing those rim protectors before rolling it out of your garage.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            And I would seriously consider replacing those rim protectors before rolling it out of your garage.
            I'd seriously consider replacing the whole bike. That one is RUINED!

Comment

Originally posted by Crassfab View Post
              I recently aquired an 82 gs650g. .. pretty much stock but not my style... and then I noticed the seat was ripped.... my excuse!
              I've never used a ripped seat as an excuse to FVCK up a bike...

Comment

7642.jpg
                Lol... this was it a week ago when I got it... the first pic was to reinforce the idea that stock was no longer an option. .. I know... well aware of rocks to the back of the head and water in the face... not my first rodeo

Comment

OK... so you can't learn from experience. Good luck with that!

Comment

Really? Listen up Jon boy since your skills of observation are waning... does it look like it's done? Did I say I wasn't running fenders? What is your issue? Did I talk shat about you or your bike? Do you have anything worthwhile to add? Or just blowhard opinions not even in the same realm as the original post? Go clean your original painted bolt heads and double check ur Vin for parts matching while u goo ur self watching sweating with the oldies.... in case your sense of perception is waning also... that means **** off

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                    OK... so you can't learn from experience. Good luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Crassfab View Post
                      Really? Listen up Jon boy since your skills of observation are waning... does it look like it's done? Did I say I wasn't running fenders? What is your issue? Did I talk shat about you or your bike? Do you have anything worthwhile to add? Or just blowhard opinions not even in the same realm as the original post? Go clean your original painted bolt heads and double check ur Vin for parts matching while u goo ur self watching sweating with the oldies.... in case your sense of perception is waning also... that means **** off
                      Did i say you intended to run it without fenders? Nope...

I just said that you ruined a good bike, that's all.

Lost your license five times due to points? Real mature, kiddo... That's something to be proud of, alright.

Next, you'll be listing it on CL as a "one-off custom", and asking $5K for it, just like the multitude of hackers there.

Grow up, boy...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                        Did i say you intended to run it without fenders? Nope...

I just said that you ruined a good bike, that's all.

Lost your license five times due to points? Real mature, kiddo... That's something to be proud of, alright.

Next, you'll be listing it on CL as a "one-off custom", and asking $5K for it, just like the multitude of hackers there.

Grow up, boy...
                        I don't have time to explain linguistics and show how the words you use have meaning and they directly implied that I wasn't running fenders at the same time demeaning my intelligence. ... I got this for my buddy to do his riding test on... yes it will be on Craigslist when he is done with it... I'm thinking 3500... I have an unnutered tl streetfighter. .. why would I want a 650 shaft drive? Lol!... I came on here to say thank you and ask for advice on squeezing more power out of it... thanks for turning something nice into the Jon boy pompous opinion hr... keyboard warriors. .. I swear! ... anyway I'm done interacting with you... say what you will ... if anyone wants to stay on topic I'd be more than happy to dial back the vitrol and engage in a constructive conversation. .. thanks... and sorry to all of those here that aren't dirt bags.
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

is this gs450?
                          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                            is this gs450?
                            82 gs 650g

Comment

I'll give you $50 for the head.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...