Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob

hello eveyone

I have just owned my '80 850 L for a few weeks now, and am wondering what would be the easiest (and most affordable) thing to begin to modify on my bike, that would increase efficiency/performance.

Since i bought it, i changed the air filter (foam), and oil filter (stock), as well as switchin to synthetic oil. I also put in 4 new NGK iridium sparkplugs.

My tires are metzellers, so i know theres nothing up there.

I like the 4-2 exhaust, and just wonder what could be done otherwise to change things.

Also, i posted in teh technical forum about seeing if i couldnt put a bigger gas tank on my bike, instead of the crappy 13L stock.

Any advice would be great.

The best thing to do mechanically is LEAVE IT ALONE Enjoy it for what it is.

Comment

Those are nice bikes just the way they are. If you find you have any charging problems, I would install an Electrex reg/rec or similar.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

If you start modifying the 850 too much you have the wrong bike. Filters, exhaust, proper tuning should be enough.

Cheaper in the long run to get something closer to what you want rather than modify a bike that does exactly what it was designed to do.

Comment

Working...
        X