Americana Soft Seat - OEM seat option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americana Soft Seat - OEM seat option

I just picked up a the 82 GS750T and it needed quite a bit of regular maintenance,and mods to fit me ( handlebars, seat )I was looking all over for sombody to do the seat lowering and ran across a guy that does it very well. His name is Jerry, and he has a company called "americana soft seat. he mods seats retaining original cover and pan. He goes in, removes original cover,takes out any broken plastic, which is common in 25+ year old seats, removes a portion if not most of the original foam, on either the driver or entire seat , replaces it with memory foam, and memory gel inserts, and recovers using original or owner supplied replacement cover. He did my seat this past week and it is a great upgrade from the OEM 34+ year old one. He retained the original cover which was in good shape on the outside, but had the typical broken plastic on the inside. Lowered it by an inch, put in memory foam, a gel square in the sweet spot, and a moisture barrier over the whole works. Than recapped with original cover. Took him 4 days. ( drop off Saturday, picked up Tuesday) Cost $150 bucks....nice.

I you're looking for a way to keep you bike looking original, but want to mod your seat to a more current construction material, I strongly suggest you give him a try.

Website is http://Www.amsss.com

For a whole seat ( driver and passenger) he gets $200. I'm very pleased with the seat now, and thought I'd share the experience.
    Last edited by Pb9717; 01-30-2017, 12:08 AM.
    PB
    Central Jersey
    82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

Thanks for the review.
    Any chance of before and after pics.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

here's a before and after...

This was before trim down...just a tad too high for my 32" inseam.

and after

I had the original foam cut back ( drivers section only) , & gel insert and the memory foam installed. It's very comfortable, just the right height, and cost me a measly $150. I recommend the guy highly.
      PB
      Central Jersey
      82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

Comment

Looks like great work - I've got two seats I need refreshing and will certainly be in touch with him asap
        78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
        82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
        83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
        2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
        Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Working...
        X