No announcement yet.

MY WINTER PROJECT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be unlucky, or you are lucky. I had two failures. I was running a lot lower pressures back then on pump gas. Maybe 10PSI and 15 with water. I had a Martek ignition back then with no 2-step. I don't think I had even heard of it back then (early 80's)! Things have sure changed in a short time.

Comment

Lecroy I just looked at your web site very nice .I have two questions - How fast was that drag bike and what fuel pump did you use to inject fuel in that intake manifold? The plumbing of the lines are real nice

Comment

Originally posted by LarryT
        How fast was that drag bike and what fuel pump did you use to inject fuel in that intake manifold?
        Glad you enjoyed the site. A lot of dickey stuff up there.

I don't remember the pumps. I do remember trying a few out before picking the ones I am using. Some had problems with the alcohol. The carb. is modified to operate without a float. Fuel is always circulated in the bowl. This was something done when gasoline engines were first being built. The benifit is that I can't ever draw so much fuel that it leans out.

There are just way too many things to consider when asking about bike speed. Weight and skill of the rider will make a big difference. I think the quickest the bike ever ran was an 8.27. It's not very fast by todays standards but still fun to play with.

Comment

Working...
        X