Adjustable levers any suggestions??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable levers any suggestions??!

Can anyone suggest a good master cylinder/adjustable brake lever combo that works with twin rotors? I'm having to redo my entire front end braking system and thought I'd upgrade the levers, both clutch and brake, for a better fit and feel. My bike is a 79, GS550e.

Thanks guys

Look at one of the smaller Ninja's if yours is a single brake model. The EX650 if it's dual brake. Single brake has 14mm piston the dual has 16mm (5/8")
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

i see u are in the uk, plenty of bandit 600/1200 that are a straight swap. cheers nick

Comment

Thanks guys, do you also know of any new aftermarket ones that might work? I was thinking about this kind of thing:

I will look into your good suggestions as well as that might well be the best solution.

Comment

Avoid the cheap Chinese brands. I've dealt with these on sport bikes and I often see sloppy fitment, some that don't reach the brake switch and some especially for Suzuki that I've had to pull up on to activate the clutch safety switch. This has occurred on GSXR 600s, 750s and 1000s, Busas and M109s. Also on Ninja 500s you couldn't extend the clutch lever out past the 3rd mark.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I have Bandit levers on my GS1000 which were a straight swop on both sides, bear in mind that you will have a cable clutch so ensure you get the right lever.
            Jeff

Living the dream...

1980 GS1000 that has been modestly modified.

Comment

Can I just check, would these work for a 79 gs550? Looks like a cable clutch lever which is what I'd need.

Thank you!!!

Comment

Can anyone advise please? You'd save me some cash if you know I'm buying the wrong thing. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X