Top yoke question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top yoke question

Will a 1985 GS550L top yoke fit a 1978 GS550E bike. Looking for options to lower the front end about an inch. Thanks for reading.

If you just want to lower it about an inch, you should be able to just slide the tubes up as far as they will go.
    Might not be a full inch, but will be close.

Why are you looking to lower the front end?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for that Steve. Just wanted a few more toes on the deck. Will also shave a bit off the seat I think.

Comment

Before you shave too much off the seat, concentrate your shaving to the sides of the seat, at the front. That will let your legs angle down sooner, without being pushed out sideways first. That still leaves foam at the rear to sit on.

You can also get shorter shocks. My wife's bike has shocks that were made an inch shorter. We have also slid the fork tubes up as far as possible. Keep in mind that if you do this, your cornering clearance will be reduced and you will have to be more careful about where you park, as the side stand will keep the bike more upright unless you shorten it. It will also be harder to get the bike on the center stand unless you shorten it, too.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks Steve. Got about .75in on the forks and mabybe an inch on the seat. That's got me more foot on the ground, so I'm happy now. Thanks again.doug

Comment

Working...
          X