Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very slight wobble when shut off the throttle at 100mph or more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield , angle, brackets, I must be drinking way tooo much???

Comment

Originally posted by 81gs7501166 View Post
      Windshield , angle, brackets, I must be drinking way tooo much???
      Maybe.

Just a quick search brings up threads like this elsewhere:

"Fitment is excellent and there quite a bit of room for adjustment concerning the angle of the shield. "

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

OK, lets back up. Thread was started by 81gs7501166 for wobble issues on his fairingless bike. At some point the thread went off the rail with someone mentioning their own wobble issues being caused by his installation of a fairing. At some point it becomes time to start your own thread with your own issues so that responders can deal with one person's issues at a time/per thread. It helps to keep things relevant. Just trying to help.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I think threads can morph. The OP got his answers, so there is no reason someone who was prompted by the thread to chime in with a related question.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

You’re right Pilot. My bad. Carry on. I was just trying to clear up 1166’s confusion.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              You’re right Pilot. My bad. Carry on. I was just trying to clear up 1166’s confusion.
              You helped me understand why he was confusticated!
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Ok, my brain slow, got it!

Comment

Originally posted by 81gs7501166 View Post
                  Ok, my brain slow, got it!
                  Sorry for the confusion, buddy!
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

I have had several bikes do that when the steering stem bearings get worn,or loosen a little.You could try and tighten the bearings a little.Don,t over tighten just add a little preload.With the front end off the ground the handlebars should not drop from side to side hitting the stops they should take a little pressure to push them to the stops.If the bars drop to the stops the bearings need more preload.
                    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

If the bike goes into a bar wobble when decelerating with no hands on the bars 90% of the time it needs steering head bearings. They are dimpled. I can be felt by raising front wheel off ground and moving bar from side to side. you can feel Dimple/notch in the race. Above mentioned tightening sequence is correct, but I would add, slightly over tighten, back it off then re-tighten until SLIGHT! resistance is felt. I tighten mine every tire change and it feels like getting new bike again. If is over tightened the bike will wander back and forth as it is sticking. A windshield will make a bad bearing feel worse and will not affect a properly set up steering head bearing.
                      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Just wanted to add my 2cents about wheel alignment. I found out a long time ago that you should not use a method which relies on the trueness of your rubber tire to align the wheels. OP said he aligned strapping things to the wheel.

Best way to align your rear tire is to measure from the centerline of the rear axle to the centerline of the swingarm pivot. Using milimeters this is the most accurate way to align and there will be no doubt.
                        1983 GS750ES WITH UNI PODS, 4-1 KERKER
                        We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

Comment

Working...
                        X