‘83 GS850GL Cafe style build help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘83 GS850GL Cafe style build help?

Hey guys, looking for recommendations for front caliper upgrades and any other things I could do performance wise on my build?
    So I chopped the frame in half and and did my own design for a hoop and such and my own foot pegs, shortened the forks and added clip ons along with some other odds and ends
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 09-07-2019, 01:54 AM.

Welcome to the site.
    If you are doing your own frame mods you must have some fab skills so that puts you ahead of most of us.
    I like the knee scallops in the tank. Is that your work or is that one of those pre-fab cafe tanks?
    Anyways, you could contact SaltyMonk about a set of brackets/set-up for his 2 piston caliper upgrade.
    EDIT 1/1/2023 - Yes I have a few sets of brackets/spacers/hub spacers left - Price is $104 shipped Priority in the USA. Most other countries tend to be around $125-$130 shipped 1st class package. Newest brackets also allow the new Ninja EX650 Tokico calipers to be fitted as well as SV650 & DL650. Just some pics of the
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome.
      Looks like some nice fab work on the shock mounts and footrest structures.
      As Steve noted, the brake upgrade is a good way to go if you're planning to keep the orignal frontend.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yeah that’s all my doing, that’s a stock tank I’ve been working on, it’s not finished yet by any means but thank you guys for the reply’s!

Comment

Here is a better picture of the frame work

Here is a closer look but not the finished product
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X