top end coiler from ape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top end coiler from ape.

i have heard that some top end oilers for the 1100's need fittings made and set up, but does the ape top end oiler bolt right on without any fittings like it says on the page?

It comes with everything you need.

Comment

you lose our oil light with that one. there is no place for your pressure switch.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Katman this is easy to fix!!! get an 1150 cover it has room for two sensors, you cna then refit your oil light switch
        Dink

Comment

10-4 Dink,

I would use the oem cover and tap it for the oil line or use the oil temp tap and forget the aftermarket one. But dude was wondering if it was a turn key system from APE.

and it isn't for a street machine.

I am using this block with the billit cam link.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I went another route and put an oil pressure gauge (0-15 PSI) on the oil galley on the right hand side of the engine. But this does require drilling and tapping the screwed in oil plug...about 5 dollars at a local machine shop. The oil filled gauge runs about $60.

Hap

Comment

Hey hap,

do you have a pic of the gauge?
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                Hey hap,

do you have a pic of the gauge?
                I can get a closeup. Give me a little time. You can see the gauge here in this picture...it is that silver thing just below the topend oiler line...

One issue is that when it's dark you can't read the gauge...I'm thinking of trying a LED light on it somehow. One other thing...make sure it is a liquid filled gauge or it will last about only 40 miles due to vibration.

Hap

Comment

nice bike Hap.....

is it a standard 2 1/8 kind of gauge? and you have it on a 90 fitting?
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

It's a 40mm (1 1/2 in) gauge with 1/8 NPT center back connection, with Glycerin fill, 316 stainless wetted parts. I do have it mounted on a 90 degree elbow.

Hap

Comment

Here are some close-ups:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAAALUV*xxgdV4FMhoTcKHVt1e7zSM8!Q3IgVXm95VuxMNc0 jUoiL38xoa*e6rMtKsxyl6Pl9u4rkDOy7dFNmFhXAXvp3jt3Kh KU5Ve0eOZF78VYDKskg/DCP_0736.jpg[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAAALYVQB1gdV4FMhoTcOHJaGmMboMZeG8oCHytKNTDAuciB El2hvL4iZwG21hQLpXTHPcCeAceugcSvZvC*kT2dm*qv7eddZ8 !dmzkeLfFem!U9dnuzA/DCP_0737.jpg[/img]

Well, maybe a little TOO close on the last two...

Hap

Comment

I have the same setup on my hondachopper cb750. The gauge isn't liquid filled though.....I hope it works when I fire it up for the first time.

Comment

I still haven't put one on my bike, I was going to use a liquid filled fuel pressure gauge 0-15 lbs they are about $30-35 at least from Summit Racing

Comment

I run oil pressure gauges on all my bikes, they're generally lots better insurance than a light bulb anyway, and on my old sohc Honda CB750's they're critical.

I made an oil cooler adapter for a GS'er with an oil temp sender, and a seperate oil pressure gauge with braided line that he could mount in a fairing or on a bracket near his speedo/tach, and the gauge was also backlit.

It also allowed him to keep his original oil pressure sender so he can use his OEM oil pressure light. The gauges are pretty easy to find, it's the adapters that aren't as plentiful as they once were. Still, for purveyors of ancient japanese musclebikes, necessity is still the mother of invention! Cheers, Terry. :twisted:

Comment

Hey Hap, do you remember the details on the elbow for that gauge? Did you have to modify it to screw into the block, or did it come with the right threads? I'm making a top end oiler, and am not exactly sure what size/thread I'll need for the oil passages. I like the idea of the gauge too, since I'll be losing my oil light.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X