X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 degrees timing

Comment

Originally posted by LarryT
      You would have to have the throttle wide open for this to happen.
      I was describing turbo lag. Yes it happens at less than full throttle. And yes my description was of an extreme case. On a properly matched engine and turbo combination it really is a non issue. I was just posing an example. 80% more horsepower was what I said. Yes that number was pulled out of my butt but it does not seem unreasonable that a bike that makes 20hp off boost, would be producing 36hp on boost at the same throttle setting.
      You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
      If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
      1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
      1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
      1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
      1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
      1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

OK I dont think,I mean i know it wouldnt happen so fast you could lose control. Maybe in some loose gravel

Comment

I used to have a cougar thet was turbo-charged,it took a while to get used to where and and when the power would come in after the lag. By "where" I mean what gear. Second gear would put you back in the seat real nice. Third would let you know the boost was there. Fourth and fifth really didn't give you that rush.It took a while to learn how to push the car hard in the twisties, once I got used to it; FUN CITY !! I found out after I got rid of it how early I was on the gas coming out of corners when the new car just wanted to NOT go through corners because I was on the gas WAY to early.One way to help keep it under you is to install a mercury switch that won't let the boost come in if you are leaned over beyond a certain point.

Comment

A mercury or pendulum switch wouldn't do it. From the riders point of view, gravity is always in the direction the tires are. You would need a gyroscope, which doesn't rely on gravity to determin orientation.
            You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
            If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
            1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
            1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
            1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
            1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
            1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

I kind a like this one.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Nice looking bike. Too bad that the bottle has to be inside the frame rails to race it.

And why don't these people like filters?

Comment

no,no,

that is a thermos for coffee
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

NICE KAT =P~ =P~ ,have any more views of that from different angles?
                    Doze.

Comment

It is a "BIG CC Raicng" bike. they are big on Turbo's

catch it and others @:
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X