Winter, this is when you really get to know your bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter, this is when you really get to know your bike

Well I've started in doing all my winter projects, and have decided that for now I don't want to o-ring my block (time and money), and that considering the type of mileage I do I need reliability more then a drag bike. So I took the nitrous system off my bike, put it in a box, and will await the day I buy another bike, and turn this one into a drag bike.

I've rewired my iginition system, and moved my coils back to allow for some clearance between the valve cover and the plug wires. Fixed the electric shifter, that ended up being a broken solder on the switch. So now my voltage is up at the coils where it should be, and I still have my rev limiter, and electric shifter working, oh and it's all neat too.

I'm currently taking the carbon off my pistons, and just cleaning everything, and working on my top end oiler. It's coming along nicely. I now need to make a valve spring compressor, and replace my valve seals, then get some gaskets, and put it all back together. Then I'll move on to replace the starter clutch, and hopefully have that fixed for good.

This is my first winter with a shop I can heat, so it's looking like a good winter so far.

Rock on Luke!
    Happy for you man. It's great to have a place to work on them.
    Makes all the difference.

Comment

I've been taking some pictures, so I put them up on the web.

Comment

nice pics Lukester,

great looking shop. wish I had that big stove in my garage
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Lookin good

Comment

Working...
          X