X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 oil filter covers for gs1100 oil cooler install cheap

31.49 at bike bandit.com (NEW)

here is the number. 485625-001

For anyone who is thinking of installing an oil cooler for the gs1100. These covers are a must or cooler does not work.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Hey There,

Re: The fittings you have for connecting the cooler lines to the oil galleys beside the filter cover:

1) Are they 'banjos' (like the OEM GS1150 lines), or do they thread directly into the galleys? If they thread in, how do they seal? O-ring? Crush washer?

2) Are the hose connections AN (threaded) or barbed ('push-on')? I've been thinking about this mod for a long while, I have braided AN hoses on it now ( w/ GS1100 filter cover adapter).

Cheers, Ted

Comment

Hi Ted,

here they are. "O"ring and crush. Industrial stregth good for I think 2000psi.

14mm to -6 line x I think 1.25 pitch...?? it has been a while. You can order them in from Earls UK for 50 or so. These aren't anodized but will do for me. If you want some. If you want a set 15.00 plus shipping and I'll send them to you or we can meet next time I am down at my mail box? or I can even drop them off at your house for you...man what a nice guy!!!! I don't know when I will be down next though..nothing coming from ebay at the moment.

cheers

Remember though..You have to use an 1150 oil filter cover with this set up. A comparitive pic of the two covers is here:

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

10 - 4 on the GS1150 filter cover, good buddy.
        After staring at the oil passages (with the oil pan off) for a while, I was wondering how it worked on the GS1150 mill...I was unaware of the difference in the filter covers. Thanks for researching it for me - such a guy!

I'm thinking I'll take the fittings you have - but I'm in no great hurry.
        Let me know when 'You've Got Mail', and we can meet at the frontier.

Have a good Holiday,
        Ted

Comment

copy that, Rob clear.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hey Ted, long time no speak- Katman, see email- melray in north idaho

Originally posted by katman
            Hi Ted,

here they are. "O"ring and crush. Industrial stregth good for I think 2000psi.

14mm to -6 line x I think 1.25 pitch...?? it has been a while. I have had prices of 5 to 20.00 each for these depending on supply house. Or you can order them in from Earls UK for 50 or so. These aren't anodized but will do for me.

cheers

Remember though..You have to use an 1150 oil filter cover with this set up. A comparitive pic of the two covers is here:

Comment

I'm shipping out my last set of adapters but will be getting some more in a week or so. I will also be getting a couple sets of 90 degree elbows that fit the same space with an adjusting nut so you can angle any way desired.

They are 17.00 each if anyone is interested.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

For the guys looking for the covers they are here:

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                X