Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Put A 87 1100 Gsxr Rear Wheel On A Gs1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes its OK.

Well done Taff Evans, the webmaster.

Comment

brit7.11 - nice bike. I have a 1980 GS1100E that I would like to make similar upgrades on. If you have any more detailed pictures of the work that you did (particularly the swingarm) I would greatly appreciate it. You can email the info to me directly at tambra9158@hotmail.com (wifes acct).

Steve

Comment

Sent some jpegs.

Comment

Thanks - I got em. I really like the look of that bike! You did a very nice job with it.

I was thinking of going the monoshock route, but after more thought I'm going to look into a new swingarm. That unit looks aftermaket - with the concentric adjuster. It looks a lot like the unit on my ZRX1200R. Can I ask where you got it, maybe get a PN and price? US if possible although I can do conversions.

Did a local shop do your seat? Rear shocks - Koni?

All in all, a very nice bike. It looks as if you kept the comfortable seating position and overall looks, upgrading the weak front suspension and giving the back some more meat and stability.

Steve

Comment

Thanks, glad you like the bike.

Swing arm is from Metmachex, check out http://www.metmachex.co.uk/ It is intended for the 81-82 GSX750 16 valve and is a bit longer.

Seat is a Giuliari, no longer imported to the UK, don't think they're made anymore.

Shocks are Koni dial-a-ride, and very good they are too.

The bike is totally stable, yet also more flickable. Currently putting 36mm Flatslide Mikunis on and Kent race cams in the engine. Also late model big port gas flowed head.

Comment

brit7.11 - you mentioned something about using a late model gas flowed head. Could you be more specific? Are you refering to a gsxr head? I didn't know they would fit. My 1100E head is in need of a valve job. If I knew what you were refering to I might shop for one instead of fixing this one.

Steve

Comment

I mean late model GS1000(2 valve), i.e. the T model fitted with CV carbs. I don't think a gsxr head will fit a gs(4 valve) without serious engineering, and in any case, why? A ported and flowed gs head with good valve seats will do the business for you.

Comment

dude. . . . . . have you tried bikes2NV up your way, they have given me some good advise in the past, they are also in contact with a few prominent drag bikers who can give advise also. . . . .

Comment

split link

hey guy,
                    I run a 5.5 inch GSXR rear in GS1000S frame with 530 chain and split link 230 horses no problems, but have to put split link on backwards (spring plate facing the tyre) gives me more frame clearance and is reducing the amount of frame that my chain is now eating !!!
                    p.s 3/8 offset front sprocket
                    Sean

Comment

Working...
                    X