• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G2 Cams?

I have been looking at the G2 cams offered by Cam Motion. Specs are:

Lift - 0.330"
    Duration @ 0.050" - 240deg.

These would be for a stock displacement/compression 1100E, with single air filter/jetting and a 4-1 pipe. What kind of horsepower and torque increase should I expect with these? The bike makes 102rwhp and 69ft*lb right now. I am hoping to sharpen that up a bit this year with a new exhaust and degreeing the stock cams, but I would like to know how much of an effect the G2 cams would have and how good their hp/$$ value is. If it's really good, I would work harder at convincing SWMBO that I really NEED them.

Thanks,
    Mark

The G2's are listed as a drop-in cam for stock pistons/compression. They will improve throttle response and mid range. Spring kit will improve performance but is not required.

I have run two different Cam Motion profiles in my 16 valve '83 GS750E- the .330 and .350 lift cams. The .330 cams really did work great with stock compression and were a true drop-in although I did use aftermarket springs. They really opened up the midrange on the peaky 750 motor. The .350 lift cams liked 10.25-1 compression or better and really howl on top end. I used 110 degree centers on both. I plan to use the .350 profile on my latest 816cc motor. Both profiles have held up over 40,000 hard street miles. You may have to also buy the longer adjuster screws- when they reduce the base circle on regrinds the stock valve adjuster screws become too short and require longer replacements. I bought mine from CamMotion for about $100.

Good Luck, Ed.
    1983 GS750ED

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X