How about gas treatments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Tate
    Every so often I dump in about a 1/4 bottle of Gumout to the gas of all my bikes. Never a problem.
    Thats my favorite. Especially if i just bought a new/20 year old bike.

Comment

Sea Foam is the very best -

Although I have gotten decent results using Regane and Techron too. I once ran a Goldwing on straight Techron after running out of gas. Some white snoke came out, but after gassing it back up it seemed that it had never run better. <g>

I always dump the whole container in the tank. Sometimes into less than half a tank.

All my bikes are at least 20 years old, and the above three have never failed to help them run better.

Oh - and Sea Foam can also be used in the engine oil, and will stabilize the fuel for long term storage too.

Good stuff.

stephen

Comment

Down here we dont have a lot of need for fuel stablizers. In south Ga our winter is about 2 to 3 weeks at the most and not all at the same time.

In fact they closed schools for 2 days this year for "cold weather"(high was in the mid 30's...... crazy isnt it

Comment

Like someone stated earlier I usually start my bikes about once a month thruout the winter and let them run till they are good and warmed up. With the advent of global warming it usually gets warm enough a few times during the season to take a short ride. I've never had amy problems.

Comment

Gents,

The ultimate fuel stystem cleaner (add to the tank) is call 'seafoam'. It will also act as a stabilizer during winter storage. You can say I am full of it, but once you try it you will be a believer. It is awesome in any gasoline engine. Heres link its available at NAPA.

www.seafoamsales.com

Comment

Originally posted by firemun59 View Post
              Gents,

The ultimate fuel stystem cleaner (add to the tank) is call 'seafoam'. It will also act as a stabilizer during winter storage. You can say I am full of it, but once you try it you will be a believer. It is awesome in any gasoline engine. Heres link its available at NAPA.

www.seafoamsales.com

I think I could use that Sea Foam a bit more than my bike!

Comment

I use Berryman B12 chemtool occasionally.

Berryman Products is a family-owned company that has been providing high-quality products since 1918. We offer a wide range of products, including electronic cleaners, fuel additives, and more. Visit our website to learn more about our products and how they can help you.

They also recommend it prior to an oil change, but I haven't tried that yet.

Comment

Working...
                X