Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:-D Glad to hear it=D>=D>

Comment

Good job. It's a great group of folks around here.

Comment

Perhaps a picture of the bike in the DC area ?? Just a suggestion - The White House Pillars at the National Botanical Gardens - same pillars that stood when Lincoln was sworn in as President. I think some awesome pictures of your bike on the road would really be good closure for this thread - unless of course your going to custom paint your bike :-D

Comment

Pics will be forthcoming, but first I've got a bit more to do before I can actually ride beyond my neighborhood.

There's the minor issues of Maryland State Inspection. Two problems: Finding an inspection shop and getting the bike to the shop.

The local shop won't schedule an inspection. Turns out that they just want you to call every morning about 10 am to check with them to see if they can "fit it in today". So far, every day, the answer is "Not today". There's a gas station next door to the shop that does inspections, but their inspector is on vacation until next Tuesday. These are the only two inspection shops that I've found within 5 miles of my place and I don't want to go farther because...

Issue number two is that my temporary inspection tag is expired. MD has changed their "policy" on getting a renewal/extension/second tag - they won't do it. Period. Unless you're GOD and then they would still require a note from you doctor, a vial of Jesus blood and at least three Angels that would vouch for why you deserve a second inspection tag!!! I got the tage in June, found the high idle issue, the tag expired in July and, of course, the issue was just resolved this week. They don't care. No tag for me.

Since I don't have a trailer, don't want to rent a trailer, don't know anyone with a trailer, won't push the bike a couple miles to the inspector and don't want to bother anyone with a trailer for this stupid task, I'm gonna be riding with expired tags to get the bike to the station. Thus, I don't want to ride any farther than I have to.

PITA, but at least the bike is running well!

Once I've got the bike fully legal, then I'll get to some pics.

OH, and no...not gonna repaint the bike. Unlesss...........

..................Got any of that Kawi green left?

Comment

Where in the "DC area" are you located?
            2010 Honda VFR1200F
            1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
            Being Revisited
            1981 Honda CM400T
            http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say National Arbortoreum (oops) I think you might not be able to get your bike inside the Botanical Gardens as it is an indoor museum - Another really cool place is a park I accidentally found by the Potomac River (you can see Reagan International from across the Potomac at this Park). Its got a statue called "The Awakening". Hmmmm...will think of some other neat places I went to while I lived up there .... Old Annapolis was cool, Ellicott City was awesome (most haunted place in America). That reminds me ... there is a restaurant in Annapolis that is the location where the first continental congress was held. All the employees swear the upstairs section of that restaurant is haunted.

Good luck with the DOT Nazis :-D

Comment

Isn't it ironic how America is the land of the free, Maryland is right next to Washington DC, and you've got to deal with a load of bull$hit like that?

Do you have any friends with similar suzuki's? If you do, just borrow their plate along with their registration and insurance info. Then when you get around the corner of the shop you want to go to, swap the plates back.:-D
                Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2007, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd View Post
                  Where in the "DC area" are you located?
                  Silver Spring/Aspen Hill are. 15-30 minutes (depends on traffic) from Bethesda.

Comment

Originally posted by Schweisshund View Post
                    Sorry, I meant to say National Arbortoreum (oops) I think you might not be able to get your bike inside the Botanical Gardens as it is an indoor museum - Another really cool place is a park I accidentally found by the Potomac River (you can see Reagan International from across the Potomac at this Park). Its got a statue called "The Awakening". Hmmmm...will think of some other neat places I went to while I lived up there .... Old Annapolis was cool, Ellicott City was awesome (most haunted place in America). That reminds me ... there is a restaurant in Annapolis that is the location where the first continental congress was held. All the employees swear the upstairs section of that restaurant is haunted.

Good luck with the DOT Nazis :-D
                    Yeah, there's lot's of famous backgrounds for pic takin' around here. Of course, I try to NEVER enter the District these days. Why? Ever see the movie "Escape from New York"?

I've been to the Arborateum (sp?) and I think I've taken some shots of those pillars, but I didn't know they were connected to Lincoln. The Awakening sculpture was so cool when I was kid - we always trid to climb to the top of the arm, couldn't and wound up hanging out on the hand. Good times.

Of course, can't take the bike to any of those places until I get a note from my mommy, eh, the State of MD. (Why does the "mad" smiley look Chinese?)

Comment

Originally posted by LeeGS550E View Post
                      Isn't it ironic how America is the land of the free, Maryland is right next to Washington DC, and you've got to deal with a load of bull$hit like that?

Do you have any friends with similar suzuki's? If you do, just borrow their plate along with their registration and insurance info. Then when you get around the corner of the shop you want to go to, swap the plates back.:-D
                      Negative. Even if I did, I wouldn't want to put someone else in the line of fire in case anything was questioned. It's easier (and more honarable???) to just drive illegaly.

Comment

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod View Post
                        Negative. Even if I did, I wouldn't want to put someone else in the line of fire in case anything was questioned. It's easier (and more honarable???) to just drive illegaly.

Allright, I guess I can understand your honerableness....maybe this is why I can't hang on to friends. I would've let you borrow mine though if we lived in the same state. Glad to hear she's running though.

Comment

Passed Inspection Today!!!

MD State Inspection is in hand! Woooohoooo!!!! \\/

Final step will be to get permanent tags at the MVA. With any luck I won't need it, but it is the state government, so I'll be packing an extra change of patience for the task.

Comment

Registration Complete!

Permanent registration in hand and the tags are on the bike!!!!

Let's Ride!!! \\/

Comment

Same here \\/ next year I can put a hobby antique plate on it. :-D

Comment

Nothing quite like riding to work on nice day! :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X