X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
    Thanks Pos,
    I did skip a few pages here and there..

The only FH12s I could find on eBay are all around the $110 mark with connectors. Plus up to $40 postage..
    I'm trying to put this bike back together as cheaply as possible to prove a point to myself...

As I said, epic thread and the work you guys have put in is nothing short of amazing.
    No 6 wire Honda units in Auzi?

Comment

There probably are.
      I got the impression that Duaneage modified his to fit straight in.
      Or have I got that wrong?

I'll look about but I'm willing to bet it's still be cheaper getting one from the States.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
        There probably are.
        I got the impression that Duaneage modified his to fit straight in.
        Or have I got that wrong?

I'll look about but I'm willing to bet it's still be cheaper getting one from the States.
        He puts spade connections on a stock HONDA R/R (with mates provided) as seen in the picture (this an actual Duanage Honda R/R). He also adds a way to insert the sense wire into the tail light circuit. I would recommend that you double check is that works for you (a dirty ignition switch coudl cause charging issues). Either hook it directly to the battery or to the output of a coil relay mod are more reliable. Of course hooking direct to the battery will tend to drain it.

He also tests them and guarantees a free replacement or money back (IIRC)

Last edited by posplayr; 04-18-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Cool. That will do me.

I'll pick one up after I get rid of Easter.

Better to put the money through to members than ebay eh?

Comment

I didn't want to wade through 25 pages to find an answer so here goes, the Shindengen site shows the SH775 is a seiries regulator rated at 35 amps. I wonder how this would compare to the Compufire regulator Jim is using?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              I didn't want to wade through 25 pages to find an answer so here goes, the Shindengen site shows the SH775 is a seiries regulator rated at 35 amps. I wonder how this would compare to the Compufire regulator Jim is using?
              Here is the diagram for the SH775 series type:

It should work well in our GS's. The form factor is the same as the FET types. To me it seems as if they may have been made before the switch to FET regulated types. So it may be interesting to see which type the bike manufacturers are going to favour.

Comment

Be nice to know which bikes these came on.... I googled but no real info out there
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                  Be nice to know which bikes these came on.... I googled but no real info out there
                  I keep sending messages to guys on Ebay with no luck. Shindengen will sell to authorized Honda dealers. Anyone here work for an authorized dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                    I keep sending messages to guys on Ebay with no luck. Shindengen will sell to authorized Honda dealers. Anyone here work for an authorized dealer?
                    I goggled around last nite and could not find any reference to the SH775

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      I goggled around last nite and could not find any reference to the SH775
                      I wonder if there's any chance Shindengen would sell to Jeff from Z1?

Comment

We've seen that John. The trouble is nobody seems to know what bikes it was used on if at all. Shindengen won't sell to individuals so unless we can figure out what models it was used on the only way to get hold of them is to have a dealer order it, and they would probably need to know what model bike as well. At that point the Compufire is probably just as cheap.

Comment

That might help as long as they don't require you to be a dealer. I guess it's time to send some emails.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
                            I found some odd references to "outlander 400 max xt" and an upgrade/relocation kit with two plugs.

Know anyone with this model of Bombardier who could check?

I'm going to keep searching, just in case I get lucky

- JC
                            I've searched and read through quite a few forums trying to get info. Hopefully one of the distributors will sell to individuals. If not maybe they will sell to Z1.

Comment

So it seems my regulator is FUBAR so I'm in need of a new one. Since the list of alternatives is pretty long, which one would be best to go for?

I've been looking at these two which Electrex World makes.

Got any alternatives to those which would do the trick just as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
                                So it seems my regulator is FUBAR so I'm in need of a new one. Since the list of alternatives is pretty long, which one would be best to go for?

I've been looking at these two which Electrex World makes.

Got any alternatives to those which would do the trick just as well?
                                for the money you have spent on your bike just get the Compufire SERIES unit, you will appreciate life more

Comment

Working...
                                X