Rectifier/Regulator replacement list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Not sure if it's on the list, but a Shingenden sh232-12 9.0 from a Honda CM400 works beautifully.
    My personal favorite (been around since before 1980 ), but inferior to Steve's SH-775 R/R - a series type might just be a stator saver! First one that I've seen at that price, new or used.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That news would have been well worth it two weeks ago Steve... new R/R is already installed.

Thanks though ill keep in mind next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        If you are considering a new R/R of that size and price, why not do yourself (and your bike) a favor?

The R/R for a 2011 Polaris Ranger is the same size and wiring, but is a SERIES regulator, like the Compufire, and is available BRAND-NEW for less than $68 (plus shipping, of course.

Has anyone tested it independently as yet? I run one of those but I would like to see someone scope one to see if it really is series....
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
          Post a picture of the one.
          If it is the type that uses the bike frame as a heatsink, then avoid it.
          I happen to have one from a bike I parted

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            The SV R/R has the same problems as the GS ones.

What would you reccomen I use then?

Comment

Originally posted by jfman View Post
              I'd look for the SH-775 -if that $70 price is real ! otherwise get any Shindengen off list, they have been proven rugged.The pic you posted seems to be of a R/R with small heat sink capacity.
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

As Tom203 says one of the Shindengean's.I have a FH0009AA MOSSFET on my 85 750.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                  As Tom203 says one of the Shindengean's.I have a FH0009AA MOSSFET on my 85 750.

So this is what I want?

Comment

Sure, if you like spending money! But the SH-775 is better

Cheap like me?
                    How about this one for $15? comes with two grounds and two positive feeds!
                    1981 gs650L

Comment

Cheap like me?

^^^^
                      Will that R/R work on a 81' GS450L? My daily driver started crapping out on my headlight and when I checked the voltage at 5k rpm through headlight socket it was reading between 16-17v
                      This shuts off my headlight everytime I go over 2500 rpm, would this solve the problem more than likely?

Comment

Originally posted by t.moeser View Post
                        Cheap like me?

^^^^
                        Will that R/R work on a 81' GS450L?

Go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                          Go for it!
                          When replacing R/R on the GS450L, is it plug n play or do I need to find the wiring diagram for the bike its from and cross reference with the GS450L?

Comment

Originally posted by t.moeser View Post
                            When replacing R/R on the GS450L, is it plug n play or do I need to find the wiring diagram for the bike its from and cross reference with the GS450L?
                            Not plug n play, but straightforward wiring - see Basscliff's emporium ....

If that R/R unit is sold, no fret- there are plenty of others.
                            1981 gs650L

Comment

Update with R/R for 81 GS450L

Well, ended up going with a free r/r off a 2003 ninja (about $20 on ebay) and its works perfect!! No random shutting off of the headlight, and Basscliffs r/r guide was awesome. Really appreciate the help guys.

Comment

As usual my gsx400F has been left off every list

Any one got any idea what would work?i have the 4 cylinder version

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X