How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can go roughly 220mph on my 1982 GS 650

Wow!! What kind of drill did you hook to your speedo cable to get those readings?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
      i can go roughly 220mph on my 1982 GS 650

Wow !! What kind of drill did you hook to your speedo cable to get those readings?
      did you have 19 front and 22 rear teeth?? how long did it take you to get it up to around 220MPH (354.0557Km/h)

LoL

Comment

About 30mph but it seemed a lot faster because me and the bike were sliding down the street beside each other.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

According to the 1980 spec speedo, 85 mph. Beyond that speed, humans spontaneously combust.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Merkel
            According to the 1980 spec speedo, 85 mph. Beyond that speed, humans spontaneously combust.
            You can add the '81 speedo to that. Anything faster and I just call it plaid.

Brad tt

Comment

speed

I'm 38 now, had a GS1000G when I was 22, that screamed upto 136.
              I have now gone back to 22 again and got another GS/G, I have to run it in (new rings) so i will let you guys know ina few weeks. Phil.

Comment

Re: speed

Originally posted by feelergaugephil
                I'm 38 now, had a GS1000G when I was 22, that screamed upto 136.
                I have now gone back to 22 again and got another GS/G, I have to run it in (new rings) so i will let you guys know ina few weeks. Phil.
                Again, as I've stated in another thread. Phil, I ALWAYS obey the posted speed limit. That's it. So, my GS will do 60, as that is the highest posted speed limit I've come across.

Right Earl? 8) 8)

Ok, fun's over, I've been to 105, yet with my older tires. It started to wobble a bit. 8O
                With my New tires, I've hit 100 and all was well, but I've no desire to go faster. I've had a bit of throttle left. I just don't really have the street to test it on.

:? 8)

Comment

Hey, this should be some kinda record.

This thread was originally started in '02 and the poster is gone?

Hmm.

Comment

speed

Again, as I've stated in another thread. Phil, I ALWAYS obey the posted speed limit. That's it. So, my GS will do 60, as that is the highest posted speed limit I've come across.

I actually do obey the speed limits, But those open roads in lower Mississippi are just to inviting to stay at 55.
                    I can do that in 1st!

Comment

I had my '82 GS1100 EZ up to an indicated 200 kmph and it was still pulling! This is with a barn door windshield and my fat ass on the bike, ( 6'2", 270lbs) 8O
                      Kevin
                      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

My '80 GS 1000G has an 85 mph speedo. It only goes 85. It's a fast 85, though.

Comment

I usually shift the 1150 out of 3rd a little past 100.

E. :-)
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

82 1100ez yoshi kit 120 in 4th gear, ive only had the bike about 3 weeks so still building some trust issues heres a little hint if ya wanna go over 120 wear a helmet cheap sunglasses are not good my eyes were watering an it becomes very hard to see and breath. im 6 foot about 175, i believe these bikes will do 130 at least!!!!!!!

Comment

My 1983 GS 1100 ESD was just under 230 KM in 5th. It was still kind of pulling. Not at red line yet.

Comment

1980 GS 1000 GT SHAFT DRIVE 75.2 HP AT REAR WHEEL 135 MPH DYNO

Comment

Working...
                                X