No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bring my John Deere 45" cut tractor with the 1197 engine. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by RacingJake
    Sounds like it's time for a match up 8O

Lets go to the track and see who can get to the 330 mark first. I'll even buy the hotdogs 8)

I'll even bring my 65 Falcon with a little 302, 12-1, 10inch 3000 stall, Vic Jr heads, 8inch slicks, 4.10's and just a 275 shot of nitrous. The last time I took her to the track the bucket seat ripped through the floor board and I was looking at the head liner at the starting line.

Or I can bring my Harley and we can see who can get there the slow'est
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Sounds like it's time for a match up 8O

Lets go to the track and see who can get to the 330 mark first. I'll even buy the hotdogs 8)

I'll even bring my 65 Falcon with a little 302, 12-1, 10inch 3000 stall, Vic Jr heads, 8inch slicks, 4.10's and just a 275 shot of nitrous. The last time I took her to the track the bucket seat ripped through the floor board and I was looking at the head liner at the starting line.

Or I can bring my Harley and we can see who can get there the slow'est
      my stang is all ripped apart lol, I mean, if you can sort out a way to keep the front end from coming near the ground (as I have the k-member and whole front suspension out) then lets go! But I don't think the track officials would be too keen on a car racing with no front tires

just a 275 shot of nitrous he says lol, yeah I had a similar seat experience in an 81 camaro, pretty damn annoying, sounds like a fun car though, my mom used to drag a falcon back in the late 60's

I'll race your harley with my polini 910 carena (pocket bike) :twisted:

Comment

I'm a Blue Oval fan.

I went with the Falcon cause you don't see that many on the road.

You guys are sounding tough. I might have to break out the TW200, she'll blast down the 1/8 in 12 seconds.
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

I'm a Blue Oval fan.

Same here man, I love my Fords, and I love falcons, you're right you really don't see many at all, and it seems that (from what I have seen anyway) that they are often overlooked as a performance car, when they have some really great potential waiting to be unleashed. There are maybe 2 of them in my area, and I don't think they even move. I wanted to buy one recently,but I simply don't have anywhere to put more cars. Ah well, at least my girlfriend has good taste in cars and doesn't mind my obsession with them, though she does occasionaly give me crap about wanting to own every car I see =P~

Comment

80 GS550L- had her up to 80-85 a time or two but I was pretty scared to do more. It's twitchy as hell above 55 or 60. I save my car for going fast. 2000 VW Passat 1.8T 5-speed 150 hp, 131 mph before the ECU cuts the boost.

Comment

1980 GS1100ET. It's hard to find a place that's safe to go fast so I don't go over 120 MPH when running a handling test.

After some suspension tuning, my greatest concern at that speed is cops. The handling is straight and solid, no weaves.

Comment

79 GS550L .... had it up to 84 and was taching out at 6500 rpm. Could've gone faster, but I'd like to live a bit longer. 8O :roll: :roll: I also had my daughters 88 Ninja 600c up to 95mph. Didn't feel as fast as it did on the GS, and got there alot quicker!

Bill

Comment

306 with no helmet

Hey ,At 306 click's and no helmet, at that speed it does not matter. And so what, Angelle Seeling (NHRA PRO Stock Bike World Champion, several years) Goes 190 MPH in a 1/4 mile. ( It was a Carburated 1200 Suzuki on gasoline) D/

Comment

Interesting thread. It's so funny there is always a few select individuals who's bikes (stock for stock) go 30 mph faster than everyone elses. I am curious how much drag the stock 630 oring chain causes. I am planning on swapping over to a 530 setup, but my current 630 is in good condition, and I want to drive the bike first stock to simply see how the overall gearing is. I tend to favor acceleration gearing vs. normal cruising gearing. I bet a low resistance X ring 530 chain is worth another 5ish mph on top end speed.
                    Rich

Comment

My Speed
                      <<<<<<<

With less rotating weight you should accelerate faster and maybe alittle more top end. How much... that's a good question??

I run the 630 chain just for piece of mind, but on a streetbike you're not WOT all the time with those skinny rear tire's 8O so it sounds like a good choice. For max pickup go with a non-Oring chain.
                      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Now that she's tuned up my 550 will go plenty fast for me.
                        I love those opportunities when traffic opens up and I can
                        drop it down to 3rd. I love the sound the motor makes with
                        open throttle above 7k RPM. I'm not exactly looking at the
                        speedo at that point but my guess is 85+, although the way
                        it pulls I'm sure triple digits are well within reach. We just
                        don't have the wide open roads up here in New England for
                        speed. We do have some nice winding hilly roads

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam
                          Interesting thread. It's so funny there is always a few select individuals who's bikes (stock for stock) go 30 mph faster than everyone elses. I am curious how much drag the stock 630 oring chain causes. I am planning on swapping over to a 530 setup, but my current 630 is in good condition, and I want to drive the bike first stock to simply see how the overall gearing is.
                          Yea but if you go with a 530 chain everyone will think that you have a new classic looking bike. When people see that 630 chain they know that you have some a real classic. :-)

Comment

SPEED

I have been a member of GSResources.com for a few weeks now and I know that my GS1150 is by far the most outstanding motorcycle that has been spoke about in this site. Other may brag about the bikes that they own but for sure everything that I have to say is true.

As for the speed of my bike I know for sure that it will do 160mph and still have a second wind to do some more!!!!!!

By the way my bike is not stock, but I have punched it out to a 1197 piston cam kit, plus other little goodies.

Your brother in Christ

Jamie L. Bransford
                            270 799 7687

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                              I'm a Blue Oval fan.

Same here man, I love my Fords, and I love falcons, you're right you really don't see many at all, and it seems that (from what I have seen anyway) that they are often overlooked as a performance car, when they have some really great potential waiting to be unleashed. There are maybe 2 of them in my area, and I don't think they even move. I wanted to buy one recently,but I simply don't have anywhere to put more cars. Ah well, at least my girlfriend has good taste in cars and doesn't mind my obsession with them, though she does occasionaly give me crap about wanting to own every car I see =P~

I despise falcons, (if its the FORD type we are talking and not the bird lol)

here in Australia they are like ar5eholes.......... everyones got one! :O

I prefer the mitsubishi range!

Comment

My Speed
                                <<<<<<<

With less rotating weight you should accelerate faster and maybe alittle more top end. How much... that's a good question??

I run the 630 chain just for piece of mind, but on a streetbike you're not WOT all the time with those skinny rear tire's 8O so it sounds like a good choice. For max pickup go with a non-Oring chain.
                                What gets me about what people say with regards to the 630 chains is that all the manufacturers now pretty well run the 530 chains as standard on their 1000+ cc's.

Ive had many many chains in my past motorcycling time, and it wasnt until I had a little $$ to spare and lashed out to see if I could discover for myself the difference with a "supposed high quality" chain, as opposed to a standard (non O ring) chain.

My discoveries were as follows:

Standard (good brand chain) =AU$65. Ok life, about 8,000 -10,000 km if lubed properly.

Better (RK brand O ring chain) =AU$110 Good life, about 15,000 - 18,000Km if lubed properly,

and

BEST (RK X Ring chain) =AU$165. Best life, 14000 Km so far and not only had to be adjusted once. Lubed every 1000Km with the recomended RK lube, cleaned every 2000Km with the recomended RK Xring chain cleaner (aerosol spray, done whilst on the bike)

I personally will never go back to an O ring or open chain again.

Comment

Working...
                                X