No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually dont do more than 70 - 75 on the interstate, but i dont waste any time getting there. Im really into the acceleration of my 1100, It's as fast as i need to go, maybe faster...

Comment

12.54 seconds in the 1/4 at 103mph on my 700.

(crappy cell phone video of it)
      Me at the drag strip with my 1985 gs 700. My best run was 12.54 seconds at 103mph

Not sure what the 1100 will do yet

Comment

135 indicated on my 84 stock gs 1150 es. had more left . fast enough for me.
        funny how people buy a new killer bike and mod it for more power. it will already do 185. i doubt it will ever see 150 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by not a biker View Post
          135 indicated on my 84 stock gs 1150 es. had more left . fast enough for me.
          funny how people buy a new killer bike and mod it for more power. it will already do 185. i doubt it will ever see 150 mph.
          Wanna bet?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

My 82 11E has not moved under it's own power since I've owned her but that thing can hit my back pocket and leave an empty hole incredibly fast!

Comment

I have taken my 83 750e up to 110 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by not a biker View Post
                How about modding an old GS for 210 hp?

[..What's it like to ride?

If you have never ridden a turbo bike, the following will be hard to comprehend.

-At 160 HP the bike is very fast, accelerating rapidly at any speed. It will leave a Busa behind on the straights as it has 160Nm of torque at 3500 rpm already!

-At 210 HP the bike is almost out of control. It doesn’t accelerate like you’re used to, you just twist the grip, the bike goes HISSS and the speedo needle travels upward faster than you can blink. All of a sudden you’ve travelled a big distance. The bike will wheelie and wheel spin simultaneously at the slightest throttle openings. Adrenalin pours out of your ears when you finally get enough and stop. Oh, and opening the throttle bluntly in the first three gears will land you in an ambulance...]

'82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                  How about modding an old GS for 210 hp?

[..What's it like to ride?

If you have never ridden a turbo bike, the following will be hard to comprehend.

-At 160 HP the bike is very fast, accelerating rapidly at any speed. It will leave a Busa behind on the straights as it has 160Nm of torque at 3500 rpm already!

-At 210 HP the bike is almost out of control. It doesn’t accelerate like you’re used to, you just twist the grip, the bike goes HISSS and the speedo needle travels upward faster than you can blink. All of a sudden you’ve travelled a big distance. The bike will wheelie and wheel spin simultaneously at the slightest throttle openings. Adrenalin pours out of your ears when you finally get enough and stop. Oh, and opening the throttle bluntly in the first three gears will land you in an ambulance...]

http://members.home.nl/marcovandevel...bo%20GSX06.htm
                  I wonder if there is any youtube video footage of that.

Comment

well both my bikes are bone stock. I looked up the max speed on a website and it says 123, so of course i gotta see for myself. On a 3 mile flat dead straight run and no breeze, tucked down behind the guages and me weighing 250 i had the 77 750 at 120 and my 78 750 E hit right on 125. I would say the article had it pretty close.
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I'm also in Salem, Oregon. I have a GLZ with a speedo that stops at 85 so I can't say with any certainty where the bike will top out, but I've had a friend's car turn into a dot in my mirror at 100mph, so my guesstimation is 120ish. I was surprised last time I tried to top her out, she tried hard to please until about 2k from redline, where I started backing off. Doing some math I'm not too inclined to do right now I could figure out how fast I was going.

One of these days I'll find a more accurate number, but for now I'm satisfied.

Comment

if your too afraid to find out why the throttle goes all the way your bike goes plenty fast enough or you have small nads....LOL Funny thing is that my 98 shadow 1100 has a rev limiter and tops out at 115.. the two old 750s top out faster...dont figure but its true. Wish i knew how to defeat that rev limiter on the shadow. i should clarify that i have been told theres a limiter..dont know that for sure. maybe its just a nutless dog!! dont know much about the hondas just yet..LOL
                        Last edited by chuck hahn; 02-27-2010, 11:15 PM.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

162.5 km/h down hill on a straight stretch with my chin on the tank and the new fairing on. Not bad for 400 cc's that are 30 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagir View Post
                            162.5 km/h down hill on a straight stretch with my chin on the tank and the new fairing on. Not bad for 400 cc's that are 30 years old.
                            What's that? Like 80MPH?
                            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                              What's that? Like 80MPH?
                              No, more like 100 mph, not bad for a 400 I'd say.
                              Had mine up to that in 3rd gear

Comment

How fast?

The fastest I could get my '81 1100E and 750E was 85! The tachs were getting up there, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X