No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are times when I go under a bridge or overpass and my GPS says I'm doing 130 I think the only way I'd ever really hit 130 with my little 450 is to ride it off a cliff, and I hope that never happens.

Comment

I'm an old, worn out, stock car driver. I'll pretty mutch drive as fast as any car can go. But when I'm on my bike, that's a different story. I've had my bone stock 83 550e up to 80mph at about 7400rpm sitting straight up in the wind like Peewee Herman. I imagine if I tucked down and gave it the rest of the right grip it would certainly do 115-120 to be concervative. When it comes to bikes ............. I'll never know how fast mine will go..............

Comment

silver bullet

have not really opened her up with the new suspension yet but it has seen the north side of 120 yesterday.30mph over in Canada and you lose your vehicle and license how much does that suck

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
          have not really opened her up with the new suspension yet but it has seen the north side of 120 yesterday.30mph over in Canada and you lose your vehicle and license how much does that suck
          never heard that one about the 30 over i know that is not true here in alberta but could be else where in canada

Comment

I don't know..........my speedo stops at 130 and I spun it/broke it last September

upgraded suspension, PODS, Dynojet Stage 3, 114 Racing Fuel, Custom 4to1 exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
              Remember Star Wars or Star Trek when jumping to light speed and all the stars are a blur? Sort of like that
              Spaceballs! "They've gone to plaid!"

Comment

'85 gs550es. Runs smooth, rides smooth, goes faster then I care to go at this point in my riding career. Ive hit 75-80, and she still had more then enough go for my newbie rear.

Comment

Here's a leisurely 95 mph on the 1150

GS1150 Camera test #2 I need to install a muffler for the mic.

I've had it up to an indicated 140 mph...it seemed to have some left, but I didn't.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                    Here's a leisurely 95 mph on the 1150

GS1150 Camera test #2 I need to install a muffler for the mic.

I've had it up to an indicated 140 mph...it seemed to have some left, but I didn't.
                    why didn't you pick up the lovely hitch hiker and go pop some wheelies

Comment

faster then a speeding tickit

i'v had my 81 gs custom at 150mph next to a busa then he pulled away and i was out of poop! but i have mods gears big carbs and so one my wifes stock 81 will lay out at 130 but it takes a min to get there..
                      thiss is my toy now
                      its 6inch lower now and has 36 mm carbs
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gregr View Post
                        I am going to have it re-dynoed at a local Harley shop which just installed the very latest Dyna-jet Pit Dyno. It may be a few weeks but I will report the results when available. I agree on the torque but cannot for the life of me understand why the Dyno operator at a Suzuki shop swears that was a true reading. The peak torque was shown at 3,000 rpm. ????Go Figure? All yuor comments and input is taken in context. Thanks-greg

Dyno operator forgot to switch from a 2-cylinder rsetting to a 4-cylinder setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                          I was out here in Salem Oregon on a beautiful Sunny Day. I thought to myself, "hmmm, how fast will this old bike go?" So, I figured between 105-115mph. How fast for you?

I know one thing for certain: my bike goes WAAAAAAY faster than I do.

PS: Especially the Gixxer... when it was still whole.

Comment

On the Dyno a few months back I had a reading of 204km/h (about 130mph) at the rear wheel when the bike hit the red line in 3rd gear.

Mildly tuned GS1150, Keihin FCR39 carbs, .348" Webcams, 4-1 exhaust.

Goes way beyond that in 4th and 5th gear.
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-19-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I've had my friend's GS1150 up to about 115 indicated, I know it has a LOT more left to go though. I simply had no reason to go that fast, 95 is plenty quick to me.

Comment

faster than my buddies 2000 buell lol he was not to happy after i spanked him lol. and that was before the pipe filters and jet kit

Comment

Working...
                                X