Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fast enough to kill me

Comment

0-160 in 8 seconds in 1320 feet not the fastest in the world but better than most.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

80MPh. That's all my speedo went up to

Comment

Originally posted by Jestercinti View Post
          80MPh. That's all my speedo went up to
          Yeah, there's nothing quite like maxing out the Speedo, but you still hear the RPM's going up-up and away!

Comment

My 1981 GS750E went 593mph once.

Comment

sometimes my Garmin Etrex Legend will say I'm going 180 mph, usually when going under a bridge or something. I don't think my 450 could hit that speed even if I rode it off a cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig54 View Post
                fast enough to get a $330 fine after getting the valves adjusted and having flash backs to the 70's

Comment

After a recent race meeting I heard a Ducati 851 owner bragging in the bar about seeing 230kph on his speedo at the end of the front straight.
                  I jumped in and asked politely - was that just before our GS1000 passed you ?
                  Reduced him to spluttering noises into his beer....grins all round.

Comment

I've spun the old GS850 up to 115mph with a touch more to go, I think. At this age, of the bike, I don't need to be going that fast anyway.
                    1979 GS850G
                    2004 SV650N track bike
                    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

110mph in November @ 28 degrees in upstate NY, had more throttle, but was waaaay too cold!

Comment

HA HA you Crazy Guys

Speeds for the Racetrack, Saw 12,600 rpm on tach on Kitted GS 1000 back in 1980 being chased by a wood bumpered Police Car on the 401 , Man that old suzuki ran well. Im 6foot 4 240 plus and i drive it to track run 11.24 at 125 with out letting air out of tire ,,nothing else and drive it home . That was back in 1980,, then, Modded and in 1988 went (1100 engine 1425 yadda yaddah ) run 8.54 154 mph with a skinny waesel on it HA hA Lots of fun for sure. I stick to the Track . Street kills too many stupid drivers .

Comment

Bah! None of your bikes can match my 82 Kat - She'll do zero to stupid before you even let out the clutch!

Comment

I might have the slowest GS here, Going downhill I can manage 65 MPH.

Thats fast enough for Me considering the 150 Lb. sidecar, 60 pounds of ballast and My 190 Lbs. I'm not sure if its the weight, or the drag of the car or maybe its that the bike has 45K miles on it and is a little tired.

Comment

I went only halfway to stupid, and it still scared the bejabbers out of me.
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

125 MPH in fourth @ 9,500 rpm's

Comment

Working...
                                X