No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I had my 750 at 110mph, cuz the state cop showed me lol. Its been faster though not by a whole lot, maybe 120.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      My speedometer goes only to 85. What I like to do is haul butt in 5th gear then get off the gas put the breaks on you look down and the needle is still pegged on 85...

My '82 GS1100EZ had a 85mph speedo. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get it any faster than 85. So, I put a '83 GS1100E speedo that goes to 140mph and no matter how hard I try I just can't get the bike to go above it.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

When I got my new GS750E in 78, I easily spun it up to 120 very quickly.

34 years later, as soon as I hit the triple digits, I roll off the throttle, I guess I'm mellowing with age.

Comment

81 750e

my 81 750e was clocked at 135.8 by a ILL state cop. yep i got towed and a free ride to the county.... $300 later i'm still gettin it

Comment

Originally posted by motocycle shawn View Post
            my 81 750e was clocked at 135.8 by a ILL state cop. yep i got towed and a free ride to the county.... $300 later i'm still gettin it
            Pull my other leg and it plays Jingle Bells.
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Pull my other leg and it plays Jingle Bells.
              hahahhahhahahahahhaha
              now thats some funny sheet! eh? lol

Comment

I don't know how fast it is, but I do know I can spin the rear tire and kick the back end out on a 9k 1-2 shift. I was pretty surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by motocycle shawn View Post
                  Stock or modified ?
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

130 as indicated by my rather shaky '78 speedo i installed a month ago. Upon encountering each pavement seam, she 'twitched' a bit... on the lines of a prodded cow. Think i could have gained a few more mph by assuming the tuck, but the suction acquired between my keister and seat made repositioning impossible.
                    '80 GS1000ST
                    '92 ZX-11
                    Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                      130 as indicated by my rather shaky '78 speedo i installed a month ago. Upon encountering each pavement seam, she 'twitched' a bit... on the lines of a prodded cow. Think i could have gained a few more mph by assuming the tuck, but the suction acquired between my keister and seat made repositioning impossible.
                      I hate when that happens...always a takes a few minutes to get everything readjusted
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Took the 1150 out yesterday and did a 15mph roll on with my 140lbs buddy on his 2010 FZ6. Power wheelied then once the front end came down the 1150 screamed by him and when I shut it down there was at least a tractor trailer length between us and I was still getting away. Speedo was north of 130mph... Gut wrenching fur sure.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Took the 1150 out yesterday and did a 15mph roll on with my 140lbs buddy on his 2010 FZ6. Power wheelied then once the front end came down the 1150 screamed by him and when I shut it down there was at least a tractor trailer length between us and I was still getting away. Speedo was north of 130mph... Gut wrenching fur sure.
                          just an FYI.
                          if your 1150 does not have an HD basket installed...
                          it will come a part and blow a hole in your cases and spew oil maybe under your rear tire.
                          i am 100% serious.
                          these bikes broke stock baskets when they was brand new.
                          let me know if you need any more info.

Comment

got the 140mph speedo on my 81 850...had it to 125 so far

Comment

Took the bandit up to 120, right past radar.

Needless to say, he heard me loud and clear.
                              Never came after me though! Thank God.

Comment

IN VT it's illegal to pursue if the perpetrator is exceeding 100 MPH on State roads (some safety law)... Not sure about the interstate though.
                                Last edited by Jedz123; 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X