How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
    All I know is my speedo ends @85 and thats around 5500 to 6000 RPMs in 5th gear. I've been up to 8000 (and a hair more) in 5th.
    I had a clutch like that once.

Comment

Faster than yours!
      9.72@146+mph was my GS1150 best at the track but I am sure I have had her over 160+mph on the street
      My stable
      84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
      85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
      88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
      98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
      90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
      06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
      00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        IN VT it's illegal to pursue if the perpetrator is exceeding 100 MPH on State roads (some safety law)... Not sure about the interstate though.
        Sounds like 100 is the new minimum cruising speed.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Minimum 100 is good. Gotta get my speedometer cable swapped out so I have a good estimate.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Fast enough to make me giggle like a schoolgirl....The best thing about these old bikes is that younger riders underestimate them....Then are shocked.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Sounds like 100 is the new minimum cruising speed.
              Read it again, you have to "exceed" 100, so make it at least 101

I haven't been over 100 in a week, I keep itchin to see how fast they'll really go, but it's been many many years since I've been up to 140 on a bike, and that was only once, on the Skunk I used to own. The fear of getting caught holds me back.
              sigpic
              Steve
              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I did ~90 one time. I was going to click it up into 5th, but I caught up to trafic and decided against it. In 4th every 1000rpm nets another 10mph~, so once I ran the spedo out I'm just estimateing. I think I can bust the ton given enough clear road and no cops.

Not bad for a 450 with a fat guy on the back, and a 1+ tooth CS.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Hade my 2004 Honda rune wide open more than once 131 is flat out. Can't wait to see what the GS 1100 will do

Comment

I see a indicated 165 mph on my 98 gsxr1100 once, was one of those just have to see moments , but the bike was still pulling and I backed off it was fast enough for me.
                    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
                      I see a indicated 165 mph on my 98 gsxr1100 once, was one of those just have to see moments , but the bike was still pulling and I backed off it was fast enough for me.
                      Good, except that is not an OLD GS

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                        Good, except that is not an OLD GS
                        Older than the 04 HONDA posted above mine and mine was still a GS can't help the fact it was an XR and it is still old it is 15 years old it's not new
                        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Well its a Suzuki, but not a GS IMO.
                          And I dont even know what a Honda Rune is not that I care anyway, but it shouldnt be here either.

Comment

Bunch of helmet wearing pussies.

Comment

Not me, but one of my favorite gs videos...And fast.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUku-BE6wAM
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

On my 82 last weekend going across the desert on an unnamed straight as an arrow deserted two lane I got her up to 8600 rpm on a flat stretch after about a minute, don't know how fast it was but I think I got about all of it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X