GSXR "DOT" head on my GS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
    Long time, no update. Still waiting for credit cards to cool down a little bit.

1). The buggy is "finished" for the season. More to come next year.

2351073.jpg

2). My wife has a new bathroom.

3). I have been in contact with APE regarding piston kits and machine work of same. If they provide the piston kits, boring & honing is only like $150 for an air cooled 4 cylinder!
    And APE tells me that the 1168 kits from Wiseco AND JE are out of stock with no known due date!

Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
    Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
      Interesting project!

I will do slightly similar modification, but with modified Bandit 1200 cylinder block, extra oil pump for head cooling and oil drain pipes from cylinder head to the engine block.
      Engine bottom is from 1984 GS1150. Most difficult thing will be extra oil pump, but I have a idea how to install it in the oil sump.
      I've seen your project on oldskool suzuki and it's OFF THE CHARTS cool. I wish I had your talent!
      Paul

sigpic

Comment

Did you had any issues about the cylinder stud length? I using original GS1150 cylinder studs and all of them are about 10 - 12mm too long.
        I made 10 and 12 mm long "washers" from aluminum to fix that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
          Did you had any issues about the cylinder stud length? I using original GS1150 cylinder studs and all of them are about 10 - 12mm too long.
          I made 10 and 12 mm long "washers" from aluminum to fix that problem.
          I bought APE cylinder studs and it did take some re-arranging to find their "special place". I will know for sure when I get fresh pistons and the head on for the 15th time! I also have a set of APE open top head nuts that might be helpful. Be safe
          Paul

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X