Finished with rebuild of my 1000S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished with rebuild of my 1000S

So took a little longer than I would have liked (like ten years) but finally have everything straightened out and running on my 1000S.Here are the before and after pics.
    Attached Files

here is the after
    Attached Files

Comment

Take a bow, the S looks great.
      You may have already explained but what happened in the crash? That looks nasty.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Bunch of us West Coast members were on a rally in central California (Paso Robles area) in the summer of 2012. Doing a morning ride up in the hills, I was in the lead, a bit ahead of everyone else when I went up and around the backside of a steep hill. When I rounded the back I apparently decided to stop following the road and take a detour into the bottom of the ravine through a barbed wire fence and then did a flip for good measure. Luckily I was wearing a bright yellow green safety colored helmet which my companions spotted as they rounded the hill so they were able to came to my rescue. I actually have lost time in my memory; the 3 minutes or so prior to the crash and the 45 minutes after. I only remember starting up the hill then waking up in a hospital for a nice 2 week stay. All I know about the crash is what the CHP report said. CHP explanation for the crash? The rider did not stay on the road. To this day I have no idea what happened. The other GS members at the rally (some who are still on this forum) forever have my gratitude for not only saving me but more importantly rescuing my bike and getting it back to my garage in San Jose.

Comment

The bike came out beautifully. It's a classic too. I'm happy to hear you are doing well. You've closed the circle too. Resolution is a great thing.

Comment

Working...
          X