Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 yr project

Dad bought this bike new, I n 1979 GS 1000L
    pulled it out of a storage unit 10 years ago when he passed.
    started pulling it apart 5 years ago.
    lots of cleaning and new parts...
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like lionormonkies360.

trying to get before and current pics
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like lionormonkies360.

Comment

Welcome. Looks great. You’re so close to posting great pictures of this bike. You’re half way there. You already have the Imgur account. Follow the steps in the link in my signature to find out how to post nice big pictures for us to appreciate, like this:

Before:

After:

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

That is really a "restomod"-job to be proud of The parts you have chosen really compliments the lines and curves, and gives the bike an updated classic look with a modern touch. Nice rear shocks too, which is often an overlooked item. I see you have push-button controls, are they connected via a Mo.unit (or M.unit of it's older)?

Comment

Thank You Rich,
            that's much better.

yes, all the wiring is new with a M unit.

Comment

Which rear shocks are those and do you like them...?
              Current:
              1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
              1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
              1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
              1998 Chevy C2500
              1999 Rav4

Comment

Definnitely a much improved motorcycle. It has a nice look. I don't like the "L" models, but you have taken al the "L" out of this.

Comment

You’ve made a nice job of that,
                  your Dad would be proud of you

Comment

Very nice indeed. Are those YSS shocks?
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I'm usually not a huge fan of modded bikes but I have to say that is quite an improvement over what it was before. I'd ride it for sure.
                      Charles
                      --
                      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I have to agree, I'm not a fan of modded bikes either but this one is very nice. Lots of thought went into it to get the right look.
                        1986 1150EF
                        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Nice work, Skeller.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I just noticed the frame isn't black. It looks great!! I also like the fork covers. They really do protect the forks, and they add a look to the bike that really fits.

Comment

I hope those headers are going to be replaced/refurbished before long, because you know how well exhaust tape ages.
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                              X