No announcement yet.

Project Tracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed to use the lift the other day so it was a great moment to see my project roll off the lift for the first time. There are no wheel spacers and the rear suspension was a block of wood, but that didn't stop me
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Got some goodies

Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

VEry Nice my 1229 kit from Cp is holding up just great...This bike is gona be a BEast..Very nice thinkin

Comment

Brian Tracy Is now working in the off shore power boat industry. He got out of the bike body and fairing stuff after the death of his wife. She is the blond that was in a lot of his ads in the 1970s motorcycle magazines. My Swiss cheese brain has it that LeMans bought the rights to the name and the patterns.

Comment

Thanks for the info madjack.

This project has been slow going at the best of times but I hope it picks up a bit soon. My goal is to have it in a running condition by summer so hopefully life doesn't get in the way too much

Cheers
            Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Got some work done on the frame today. More to go but I ran out of shielding gas for the mig.

Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

I dropped the block off today to have new sleaves put in it and bored for the 1395 pistons. I hope to have those back in a week or so. I spent the rest of the day digging through boxes of parts finding the right spacers and washers for the clutch and what not. Still missing a few so I put in an order.

Thats all for now. Hope to have more soon
                Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Did I miss something here? Are you having the 1395 big sleeves machined into an aftermarket block or a stock block? If it's a stocker, I'd rethink that plan. I don't think there is enough meat in a stock block to bore them in and have enough wall thickness for ridgitity and proper heat transfer. I'd check with RapidRay, he'll know what is do-able.

Comment

Just thought of something else. Have your cases been machined for the big sleeves? They don't fit without boring the cases.
                    Just concerned that you may not know about these items that could bring unexpected problems
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

MTC big block
                      Cases are at the machinist too.
                      Also getting the block piano wired.

Thanks for the concern, I appreciate the questions because I sometimes miss the big things chasing after the little details
                      Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Anyone have recomendations for front brake and clutch master cilinders from a modern bike? The clutch will be hydraulic with a gsxr slave cylinder.
                        Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Bandit 1200. They're easy to come across on eBay at reasonable prices.

Comment

whatever happened to this bike? would love to see an update.

also got any 1000 stuff left for sale...

Comment

Still working on it...slowly. Need to buy myself a little mig welder for starters and I also need to find someone to do my head work. I was going to have rapid ray do it but I hear he doesn't do shipping to Canada anymore. For now the bike is parked on the shed until the snow melts and I can reclaim the garage from the wife's car.
                              Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

I have finally got myself a welder. It is a miller tig machine. Now to learn to tig weld. I am actually not that bad at it, so with a little more practice it will be time to weld on the frame. I will be doing some samples and cutting them apart to ensure a quality weld.
                                Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Working...
                                X