My OFFICIAL "Broken Promise" thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AF_Bill View Post
    Wish it was sooner. I'm missing lots of GREAT riding weather.
    Around here it has been raining on and off for a week.

Comment

Mac, if it makes ya feel any better, there's nothing but dirt and rocks around here. Not too good for a bike to get around in lol. If ya get too tired of the rain, you're more than welcome to fly down to MD and take mine for a spin lol.

Comment

Mac, if it makes ya feel any better, there's nothing but dirt and rocks around here. Not too good for a bike to get around in lol. If ya get too tired of the rain, you're more than welcome to fly down to MD and take mine for a spin lol.
        Haha, that would be pretty cool, too bad I am stuck in the land of paint and auto parts right now.

Comment

I'm DONE!!!!!!

Well, with my deployment that is. I'm on my way home now. Finally finsihed workin on 60k Loaders and back to workin on my bike. Two pics for everyone (Mac).

In the shop takin a pic for my buddy's show.

Chillin at the bar.

Comment

Well, with my deployment that is. I'm on my way home now. Finally finsihed workin on 60k Loaders and back to workin on my bike.
            That is great news to hear! I am glad to hear you are on your way home safe and sound. Are Gus and Homer heading home too?

Now get back to work on your bike ya slacker!

Yeah, I know, .

Comment

Great to hear you're heading back. Keep us posted on the GS650 stuff.

Comment

As soon as I hit the states, I will Mac. Gus made it home a few days ago. Homer is here with me and we fly out together.

Steve- Thank you and I will. I can't wait to put that exhaust on.

To everyone who's followed my thread, thank you very much. A pic of me, my dad, and brother-in-law w/our bikes will be coming soon.

GOD BLESS THE USA! Thank you for your support!

Comment

Gratz on ur tour

I`m an ex squaddie - uk, glad u`v completed ur tour safely, I guess we know what u`ll be spending ur leave doing! Enjoy & well done. Jonny

Comment

You should be home or nearly home by now, I'm an ex aussie sailor , raisin a glass and thankin you for doing your bit, I have two sons in the Navy and they pass on their regards..............

Comment

Well, it's been a week since I've been home and I haven't don e a thing to my bike LOL. Except for riding it. It felt so damn good to be back on the bike stateside.
                      Steve- it was christmas in July for me. All the parts are perfect! Thanks again.
                      This sunday, I've organized a small ride w/ a few of my friends (& my dad). Looks like it's gonna be a good time. Look for those pics in the Routes & Destinations section. Here are some pics to hold ya'll over. If the rain holds off today, I'll take a better pic of her outside.

Close up of engine cover painted in Textured Black Metal Flake

Comment

It's good to hear you've made it home safe and sound Bill.
                        I am sure working on the bike can wait since this is the prime time of the season to be out on the road.
                        I hope you enjoy your ride with your friends (& your Dad), and may your day bring you fun and adventure.

Comment

Well, looks like the rain is gonna come hard w/in the next hour or so. I got in my new/used gear indicator from eBay so I'll be installing that. AND some new rider pegs. Pics will come.

Comment

So, it DIDN't rain like the weather report said . I already had the tank off and tried to fix the shift indicator. No luck; still say's I'm in 8th gear no matter what.
                            So, I gave up on that and worked on installin my NEW rider pegs from J & P Cycles. Here's 2 pics of the new pegs.

Here's the Harley pegs I had rigged up. They worked real well and NO ONE really noticed they say HD lol.

Now here's the new pegs all mounted up. Had to do a little modification to properly mount them. Can't wait to try them out on the road tomorrow.

Also, you can see the snazzy new Allen-head bolts I got for the motor I bought off eBay. Just a suggestion to anyone else that buys this kit, get 2 like I did to be on the safe side. TRUST ME!
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Wow. Didn't realize its been 2 months since I've updated anything on the 650. Well, thats what I get for riding instead of workin (Mac) lol. I spent all last week at Delmarva's Bike week in Ocean City MD. WHAT a blast!!! About 50,000 bikes and 3 (yes 3) GS's!!!! On my way down, we passed an 80s blue 850GL (guy from PA). And I also saw a yellow 850G. Not sure of the exact year on either bike but it was good to see more GS's down there.

ANYWAY, just before I went down to OC, I got new mirrors in the mail. I need to get pics of em. They may be alot smaller than the other mirrors I had on but I can see a whole lot better now. I also had my seat recovered with a new non-slip seat cover. I like it a lot. Pics should be up later tonight. I also hope to get some better shots of the bike too.

Comment

So, I haven't really done ANY work to the 650 lately. Just riding and enjoying myself. I had her out yesterday for a short ride and she was running perfectly. Today, as I was covering her up for the rain, I noticed that she has a new oil leak. This one is coming from the right side of the head only. Looks like I'll have to replace that during the winter. Also thinkin a once over on everything in the motor is in order too. Any advice ya'll can give me while its apart?

Comment

Working...
                                X