Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbochef is a maker of commercial ovens www.turbochef.com

Comment

Hey Bill, Whenever I see a post with your username in it I always make it a point to read.
      But please, no more pics of yourself!!
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
        Hey Bill, Whenever I see a post with your username in it I always make it a point to read.
        But please, no more pics of yourself!!
        And I thought I was the good looking one of the two.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          And I thought I was the good looking one of the two.
          It's not like there's much competition in this beauty contest. Yes you won, and the runner up was the engine stand.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            It's not like there's much competition in this beauty contest. Yes you won, and the runner up was the engine stand.

cg
            That's based purely on opinion.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

That means I got third place But lets have a beauty contest on my engines vs yours . I also get all of the chicks at the track because my fat azz is fast.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2010, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
                That means I got third place But lets have a beauty contest on my engines vs yours . I also get all of the chicks at the track because my fat azz is fast.
                My engine is gonna be purty with that PJ1 glossy black.
                Shoot Kris I'm your biggest fan second only to your better half.

Comment

So what's going on with this engine Bill? Cylinder getting bored out? What about the head? Is that old head salvageable? New head? Big valves? Dude, we need an update!!! It's kind of slow around here lately.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I know. This thread has turned in who's the ugliest of them all.
                    The old head was hammered. I got another head from Jim. This head will have the 1.5mm oversized intake valves and a good street port. The exhaust valves will stay stock.
                    I have an 1150 cylinder that got bored out to 77mm and this will increase CCs to 1229.
                    I had to get an 1150 crank because the 1230 kits were mostly made for the 1150s since that is the max bore for the stock sleeve and the 1150s came with 20mm wrist pins compared to 18mm for the 1100s.
                    I purchased a 1229 kit from Wiseco. I first got one from MTC but it turns out they discontinued this kit. Pretty much the same piston.
                    Kris V has an 1150 V&H superhub so that takes care of that problem. The 1100s and 1150s had different gears on the hubs. The inner hub, fibers and plates are all interchangable.
                    I'll start off with the 1150 36mm CV carbs. My starting jetting will be
                    155 mains jets
                    50 pilot jets
                    DJ needle on the second from bottom
                    Idle screws out three turns out.
                    I will fine tune from there.
                    I have a good set of WebCam .340s and I'll degree them 107/109.
                    I have APE studs, Cam chain tensioner, cam chain guides and Tsubaki HD cam chain.
                    Hope this keeps things interesting.
                    Last edited by chef1366; 02-16-2010, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I know. This thread has turned in who's the ugliest of them all.
                      The old head was hammered. I got another head from Jim. This head will have the 1.5mm oversized intake valves and a good street port. The exhaust valves will stay stock.
                      I have an 1150 cylinder that got bored out to 77mm and this will increase CCs to 1229.
                      I had to get an 1150 crank because the 1230 kits were mostly made for the 1150s since that is the max bore for the stock sleeve and the 1150s came with 20mm wrist pins compared to 18mm or the 1100s.
                      I purchased a 1229 kit from Wiseco. I first got one from MTC but it turns out they discontinued this kit. Pretty much the same piston.
                      Kris V has an 1150 V&H superhub so that takes care of that problem. The 1100s and 1150s had different gears on the hubs. The inner hub, fibers and plates are all interchangable.
                      I'll start off with the 1150 36mm CV carbs. My starting jetting will be
                      155 mains jets
                      50 pilot jets
                      DJ needle on the second from bottom
                      Idle screws out three turns out.
                      I will fine tune from there.
                      I have a good set of WebCam .340s and I'll degree them 107/109.
                      I have APE studs, Cam chain tensioner, cam chain guides and Tsubaki HD cam chain.
                      Hope this keeps things interesting.
                      I'm still trying to talk him into a 18" GSXR 750 4x18" rear wheel (140/70-18 Avon tire) and GS1100E aluminum swinger (with a couple inches added)

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        I'm still trying to talk him into a 18" GSXR 750 4x18" rear wheel (140/70-18 Avon tire) and GS1100E aluminum swinger (with a couple inches added)
                        You are?
                        I guess I could use a couple of more inches.

Comment

You are?
                          I guess I could use a couple of more inches.
                          Because if you cut off 3 you would have a scar on your butt? LOL!! Ray.

Comment

HAHAHAHA good one Ray.

Comment

Hey Bill, remember that 1229 kit I offered you for an 1100 crank? I was wrong, it turned out to be a 1260! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                                Hey Bill, remember that 1229 kit I offered you for an 1100 crank? I was wrong, it turned out to be a 1260! Ray.
                                Did that bust Dr. Gonzos bank?
                                C'mon guy. You showed off some pretty nifty calipers.

Comment

Working...
                                X