No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coastiepete View Post
    I'm curious as to how well that paint holds up, it looks good.

So i see a transtar target in the garage, and it looks like there MAY be a Coast Guard base decal on the Ford. Coastie truck by chance?

Transtar target???????

No "COASTIE" DOD civilian for the Air Force at Edwards AFB Ca

This paint is the BEST I have ever used and it is the only paint I use on my engines.

Comment

Chef,

I like the contrast between the polished covers and the black. I thought you would have that one the road by now.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

sparkly handlebar tassels anyone?

Comment

I like to put a glob of silicone on the circlip that holds the oil pump gear,,- just in case... I am generous cause it is a weak little clip. .. last year my buddy had his clip pop off and the gear got garbled up.

other than that precaution looking good..
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Hi,

Nice work Bill.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Pictures came out nice,especially me eating and the dog begging.

Comment

Ya'll bout some redneck mofo's.
                Keep the pics coming dude, looking good!
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                  Ya'll bout some redneck mofo's.
                  Since you live in a van down by the river, I suspect that was a compliment?

Rednecks and old guys RULE.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                    Since you live in a van down by the river, I suspect that was a compliment?

Rednecks and old guys RULE.
                    Heh.. I live iin the north GA area so yeah it was a compliment.
                    But Im not old anymore..
                    sigpic

82 GS850
                    78 GS1000
                    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                    .................________-|___\____
                    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Well the head is finally done. Going to APE on the way to Simi Valley to pick up some valve stem seals and get this thing back on track.
                      More pics to come.
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Got the head!
                        Assembly planned on Monday and Tuesday
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

No but he made the Ronco Can-Do. It is the only thing I ever won in a drawing (1967) It was a can opener, knife sharpener, fish hook sharpener, Bottle opener, and god knows what else. Classic trash. Should have kept it for a coversation piece.

Comment

Originally posted by gregr View Post
                            No but he made the Ronco Can-Do. It is the only thing I ever won in a drawing (1967) It was a can opener, knife sharpener, fish hook sharpener, Bottle opener, and god knows what else. Classic trash. Should have kept it for a coversation piece.
                            At least I don't have K-tel selling all the crappy music I had growing up at three am.
                            Sorry you won a worthless pos.

Comment

We spent all day on it today (Sat) from 0900 to 2200 hrs (9 am to 10 pm) it is almost done. He will get you guys n gals some pictures later.

Comment

Nice work Bill! Jim also metioned I might add the heavy duty clutch hub nut to my 1100 while the engine is out. Is it just for more strength?

Comment

Working...
                                X