Project 1100 Bandit/Gsxr conv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
    Great looking bike, Joe. Very subtle (and I'm sure very effective) mods. Looks like a nice paint job, too. Way to go. As with all of your bikes, I look forward to the completed project.
    Thanks Larry,

Sad to see you have retired from the magical work you do. I still have the Katana for you when you have time if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
      Thanks Larry,

Sad to see you have retired from the magical work you do. I still have the Katana for you when you have time if you want.
      Very kind of you, Joe. I hope that we can work together again soon. I love doing your bikes. Just started the new job today. Strange to be "back in the world" as it were. Stranger still to be be doing something other then painting. It's an adjustment, for sure.
      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Now where, exactly,is this new workspace you've leased?

I kid. Very nice looking build for sure. It will give your 700 a run for the money as far as attention to detail goes... Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
          Now where, exactly,is this new workspace you've leased?

I kid. Very nice looking build for sure. It will give your 700 a run for the money as far as attention to detail goes... Bravo!
          Thanks Smokie!

Comment

WOW,i wish i had time and money for something like that,dang,and the garage also.Tools are not the issue for sure.or knowhow,that is lookin sweet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5150/gs View Post
              WOW,i wish i had time and money for something like that,dang,and the garage also.Tools are not the issue for sure.or knowhow,that is lookin sweet!!!
              Thanks man!

Comment

Looks great jwhelan65, I know who to ask for help when I do my front end.

Comment

Looking GREAT, Joe!!

Are you still doing those powder coated covers/grills? If so, I'd like to order another for the radiator on my KLR.

My GS/Bandit/GSXR isn't nearly so thorough a job as yours, but here she is. Need chain, battery and couple tidbits

FYI, I have this thread book marked for when she gets a full tear down/rebuild.
                  Last edited by Cassius086; 09-21-2012, 11:14 AM.
                  Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
                    Looking GREAT, Joe!!

Are you still doing those powder coated covers/grills? If so, I'd like to order another for the radiator on my KLR.

My GS/Bandit/GSXR isn't nearly so thorough a job as yours, but here she is. Need chain, battery and couple tidbits

FYI, I have this thread book marked for when she gets a full tear down/rebuild.

Looks great!

Yes I am still doing the cooler guards if you are interested.

JW

Comment

KLR...? Got one to fit the radiator on the newer 2008+ models?
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                        KLR...? Got one to fit the radiator on the newer 2008+ models?
                        Give me the exact dimensions and I can probably make one..

Comment

Cool! I'll get some measurements and send them to you.
                          Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Was able to spend more time today piecing things together, installed Greg B's oiler.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X