No announcement yet.

83 gs650g project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished! need to polish it up a little but it is done for the most part!

Comment

LOVE the wide white! Looks great!

Comment

Thanks! I really like the way it turned out

Comment

Looks great that tire goes great with the pipe wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
            Looks great that tire goes great with the pipe wrap.
            Thanks. I think when winter comes back around I will take the tank off and have it professionally painted with some clean white pin striping too. Maybe paint the frame and clean it up a little more also. Just wanted to get it running and done asap as riding weather is here!

Comment

nice ride. good idea keeping the front fender. A buddy of mine ran through a pile of horse crap without a front fender. He uses a half helmet. Tasty

Comment

Wow

That is one smooth looking machine.
                Love the way the white wall sets off the custom rear end. Some pin striping would really make the front pop. and maybe consider filling in where the tank badges were for a cleaner look.

Comment

My paint is just rattle can and home made stencils but I did have pretty good luck filling in the badge spots with bondo and primer and even up close you can not see the seam. Just takes a few coats and lots of time sanding. Getting it down to metal and roughing up the area to get a good grip helsp too.

I say ride it and save that stuff for next winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                    I love my 1982 650g. Looks like your front fender is off a E. That's what I replaced the broken plastic one on my bike with. Did you cut the mufflers off. I been looking for a left side heat sheild if you have one available. The clamp on mine is broken and long lost. Good getting her in shape.

Charlie G
                    Hey Charlie,

I've been looking around for pictures of the '83 650Gs,and every one I have found that hasn't had a replacement fender has that "E" style fender. I know GSJim in Toronto has owned one since new (also an 83) and it has that style. I'm still trying to determine 100% if that was the case everywhere, as I am trying to keep mine looking stock for "classic" purposes.
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                      Hey Charlie,

I've been looking around for pictures of the '83 650Gs,and every one I have found that hasn't had a replacement fender has that "E" style fender. I know GSJim in Toronto has owned one since new (also an 83) and it has that style. I'm still trying to determine 100% if that was the case everywhere, as I am trying to keep mine looking stock for "classic" purposes.
                      It looks as thought I may have been wrong. I just looked at Alpha sports parts catalog and the picture they use of an 1983 GS650g front fender matches yours and that of a 650e. Maybe they switched to one fender for both bikes in 1983? Thanks for pointing my possible short coming.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        It looks as thought I may have been wrong. I just looked at Alpha sports parts catalog and the picture they use of an 1983 GS650g front fender matches yours and that of a 650e. Maybe they switched to one fender for both bikes in 1983? Thanks for pointing my possible short coming.

cg
                        I thought I had a Suzuki brochure with a large 1983 GS650G picture, but the best I can find is a thumbnail sized picture from Suzuki that shows an E style front fender. I will try to scan it.
                        1981 GS550T (Long gone)
                        1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Working...
                        X