No announcement yet.

chop bob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am like so incredibily jealous. You have gone and done something I really would like to eventually do with my GS550L. The Monoshock idea is awesome I did not really want to hard tail my bike either and that looks like a great way around it. Like i said I am so jealous. Now i just need to get some welding skills..a welder...mechanicing skills....winning lottery ticket...lol...Dude you rock...want to adopt me...lol. Great Job man.

Paul

Comment

Nice looking bike.
      Marc
      AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
      1978 GS1000C X2
      1978 GS1000E X2
      1979 GS1000S
      1979 gs1000
      1983 gs400e

Comment

here i am on my bike

Comment

Originally posted by saltcitytattoo View Post

here i am on my bike
          Holey Crap, I how did you get that 1100 16V into that GS250?

Or Are you that Big????

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            Holey Crap, I how did you get that 1100 16V into that GS250?

Or Are you that Big????
            yes thats how big i am i come from big stock
            now you see why i needed to move some stuff on the bike
            Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

that back wheel is inching its way toward your rear

Comment

Originally posted by newGS300Lowner View Post
                yes it is but with it all the way forward and full compression i have 5/8" to spare

Comment

here i am on my bike
                  The bike is looking great. But having to stretch up and forward to those bars doesn't look like a very comfortable posture. Have you got a set of 6 inch risers with a 6 inch draw back? I reckon it would be a heck of a lot more comfortable.

Really like the wheels. They look real cool with the white around the outside. Might pinch that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by newGS300Lowner View Post

Missed that. Geeeze! ya wouldn't want to accelerate fast or you would be a very unhappy little Eunuch.

Comment

That's a very interesting bike. I love the rear end treatment and where you're going with the wheels and suspension. The fat bob tank looks out of proportion to me right now but I'm thinking it'll look a lot different when it's painted and looking more part of the bike as a whole. My hat is definitely off to your fabrication skills! Very good job so far and good luck with the rest of the build.

Comment

yes it is but with it all the way forward and full compression i have 5/8" to spare
                        Bob a rear fender and stick 'er on there. Besides looking better it'll save ya some serious hash marking...

Comment

Originally posted by Henryinva View Post
                          Bob a rear fender and stick 'er on there. Besides looking better it'll save ya some serious hash marking...
                          yes there is a rear fender but the first mount set up didnt work it will get there

Comment

the muffler didn't fit so i chopped it off and put a baffle in the pipe

Comment

Where did u get those handlebars from I really do dig them , kinda styling my gs1000 like that

Comment

so i added 3" to the swing arm to allow a fender to be added.

now i just need to trim the harley fender to fit and make some mounting brackets

Comment

Working...
                                X