1980 GS1000 SuperVintage Roadracer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice job.
    Your supervintage rules would seem to allow better brakes than we are here in NZ - we're limited to period, 2 - pot calipers - and if you've seen the vid I posted of our 1000 racing we surely need better brakes.
    When racing an unbraced frame - even at entry level - I'd really recommend a steering damper for peace of mind.
    Bars - depends on taste and what the tracks are like you will race on, but I don't think I'd like to race a 1000 on clipons. I'm not small but the extra leverage of higher bars is very reassuring over bumps.
    Starter - on a couple of bikes I've built I've left the starter in place - with only the boss from the alternator rotor left to carry the starter clutch, and a narrowed cover. Use a separate battery and jumper leads to fire the bike and you're away - and the extra couple of Kg is really nothing.
    You've got plenty of fun and development to look forward to - enjoy yourself and stay upright.
    Greg T

Comment

Looks good, probly should give thought to changing the back rim it looks like your running the 17 inch the 18 off s model was better we tended to find the 17s flexed the tyre alot because of the high sidewall
      better still set of hubs off GS750 and lace up some spoke wheels

cheers Oz

Comment

Working...
      X